OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rush Limbaugh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 5:15 pm

Published 3 hours ago on February 3, 2020

‘I would like a medal for smoking’:
Old radio shows haunt Rush Limbaugh after he reveals advanced lung cancer

learn how you can offset your carbon footprint.
“Smokers aren’t killing anybody,” the conservative host added.

“Except themselves,” the caller noted.

“Yeah, but how long does it take?” Limbaugh scoffed.
“There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke.
It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.”

“Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he continued.
 “Not everybody that smokes gets cancer.
  Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

Limbaugh ranted as the caller listened:
           “I’m telling you, there ought to be some measure of appreciation for people who buy tobacco products, despite the forces arrayed against them, It’s getting harder and harder to use tobacco products, unless you want to call marijuana tobacco, and you can do that anywhere, for the most part.

But the fact of the matter is they have to endure a lot, the public hates them, they’re despised, they can’t smoke in places of comfort anymore, can’t even smoke outside in a park!
       And yet their actions and their taxes and their purchases are funding children’s health care programs.
  I’m just saying there ought to be a little appreciation shown for them, instead of having them hated and reviled.
               I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I’m saying.”

Just years later, Limbaugh would reveal his lung cancer live on his radio show.

“This day has been one of the most difficult days in recent memory, for me, because I’ve known this moment was coming,” Limbaugh said on Monday.
      “I can’t help but feel that I’m letting everybody down. The upshot is that I have been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.”

“I told the staff today that I have a deeply personal relationship with God that I do not proselytize about, but I do, and I have been working that relationship tremendously,” he stated.
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Grackle wrote:
It gives the left somethin' to be happy about ....they desperately need it

What the fuck is wrong with you [rethorical.
I have no love lost for Rush Limbaugh..
Nonetheless, he is dying a horrible death
and that is a horrible thing to happen to him.
I'm not happy about that, as are a great many.

what the fuck, Grack..

Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 pm

Rush Limbaugh  602a7064a2232

Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Rush Limbaugh Dead At 70    Rush Limbaugh  EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:43 am

Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Rush Limbaugh, a scathing conservative voice who made himself into a powerhouse political figure on talk radio for the past three decades, died on Wednesday. He was 70 years old.

The longtime radio host's wife announced her husband's death at the beginning of his show on Wednesday.

Limbaugh disclosed last February that he had been diagnosed with lung cancer.

Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:54 am

I have never killed anyone, but I have read some
obituary notices with great satisfaction -
Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 1:04 am

Rush Limbaugh  602e1cfae4185
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 1:05 am

Rush Limbaugh  602e1ec8a593b
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 1:38 pm

2-18-2021

Rush Limbaugh's lies will be killing people long after he's in the ground.

Unitarian Universalists like me try to remember every day, and put into practice every day, a set of seven principles. I'm telling you this, because the first principle has been on my mind since hearing news of the death of Rush Limbaugh, the right-wing broadcaster.

Perhaps no one in the United States, not even Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox News, is more responsible for poisoning of the public mind, for the revival of fascist collectivism, the tolerance of cruelty and violence, the appetite for meanness, and the near-impossibility of solving social problems everyone
faces in this country.

You can see why I'm troubled. I would not want anyone to say, after I'm gone, that the country is better off. I would not want anyone to say, after I'm gone, that my legacy can't follow me into the ground fast enough. There is a pronounced tension between my desire to treat everyone equally and speak truthfully about evil men.

So I find myself returning to the principles of UUism, not because they will resolve the tension (I don't think it can be), but because thinking about them, setting them side-by-side in this place, in this time for this purpose might be of some use to someone somewhere.

Rush Limbaugh we're talking about, that meant going to the ends of the earth to make bigotry desirable, sadism acceptable, and most of all lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie and lie. In the process, he got very obscenely rich and spawned three generations of imitators.

He said, per the Times, that "advocates for the homeless were 'compassion fascists,' women who defended abortion rights were 'feminazis,' environmentalists were 'tree-hugging wackos.'
He called global warming a hoax and cruelly ridiculed Michael J. Fox, imitating the tremors that were a symptom of the actor's Parkinson's disease."

"He ran a segment saying he was going to show welfare recipients going about their day, then ran video of apes of various kinds playing and lazing about in a zoo."
He presented "a giddy celebration of the deaths of gay people with AIDS set to Dionne Warwick's 'I'll Never Love This Way Again.' (Get it?)" Mehdi Hasan said: He once "played the song 'Barack the Magic Negro' on his show."

Perhaps worst of all, Limbaugh had vast powers to spread lies faster and deeper into the American psyche than anyone else.
His radio audience ran into the tens of millions, dwarfing those of all the shows on Fox. He alone could replace political reality with political fiction so embarking on "a free and responsible search for truth and meaning" could inspire one's assassination.

Barack Obama was not a citizen. The probe into Donald Trump's ties to Russia was a hoax. The covid is no worse than the flu. Joe Biden stole the election. By the time lung cancer got him, Limbaugh's lies were still killing people long after he helped foment insurrection against the United States.

Naturally, Limbaugh's friends and allies are now reliving memories of the man they remember. But those memories are themselves a product of the Big Lie that the man spent a lifetime building—an "alternate-universe-on-the-air."

Joining the effort to remember him kindly would be in effect refusing to meet lies with facts, and refusing to meet lies with facts would be complicity in the lie.
I won't do that as a journalist. I won't do that as a Unitarian Universalist.

Honoring "the inherent worth and dignity of every person" calls for holding people responsible for their choices.
Limbaugh never once faced accountability in life. Perhaps he will now in death.

(((Limbaugh earned No respect in life,
none Is deserved in death )))

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 pm

Temple, are you a Unitarian Universalist???

If not, who the fuck are you quoting, and better still - why??

Rush Limbaugh  1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 5:23 am

Rush Limbaugh  602fab8fca8bd

louie

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 6:20 am

Temple wrote:
 Rush Limbaugh  602a7064a2232

Thanks fuker, I just lost my oatmeal. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 10:54 pm

Rush Limbaugh  6031f16a328a9
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:25 am

Rush Limbaugh  6033e250b33e9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rush Limbaugh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh     Rush Limbaugh  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rush Limbaugh
Page 1 of 1