OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg Empty
PostSubject: Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg   Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 5:33 pm

Black leader ‘stunned’ after phone call with Facebook’s Zuckerberg: He ‘lacks the ability to understand’ race issues

According to a report from Bloomberg, Black civil rights leaders who participated in a conference call with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg walked away afterward
“disappointed and stunned”
at the tech billionaire’s seeming inability to understand issues that impact African-Americans.

The report notes that part of the discussion involved Zuckerberg’s decision to ignore and dismiss comments made by Donald Trump about police brutality protesters —
with one Black leader calling the exec’s explanation “incomprehensible.”

According to Bloomberg’s Jeff Green,
“Mark Zuckerberg hosted a nearly hour-long video call with U.S. civil rights leaders to discuss ongoing issues around his company’s policies as they relate to race, elections and other topics,” before adding it didn’t go well based on comments from Color of Change President Rashad Robinson.

In an interview, Robinson lamented, “…
the problem with my ongoing conversations with Mark, is that I feel like I spent a lot of time, and my colleagues spent a lot of time, explaining to him why these things are a problem, and I think he just very much lacks the ability to understand it.”

Pointing out that Zuckerberg’s hands-off approach when it comes to Trump is baffling in light of the president’s threat that
“when the looting starts, the shooting starts” with regard to George Floyd protesters, Robinson noted that the Facebook executive is bucking his own employees who are furious with him.

“His employees are outraged,” explained Robinson. “I’ve got outreach from some of them. Saying Black Lives Matter, saying I’m going to give money, but having your policies actually hurt black people, people will know the difference.”

While a spokesperson for Facebook praised the get-together by issuing a statement saying the tech giant is “… grateful that leaders in the civil rights community took the time to share candid, honest feedback,” Robinson differed with their appraisal of how it went with the company’s founder.

“He continues to do things and make decisions that hurt communities and put people in harm’s way and is not accountable for it,” explained Robinson.

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg   Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 6:10 pm

ALL lives matter, which is something non-racist black, brown, yellow, red, or purple leaders should understand.

Let them start their own social media platform if they're so inclined.

Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg   Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Example of biased bullshit. This was in my Facebook news feed this morning:

Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg 9jRpXOL

Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg   Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Facebook Engineer Resigns Over Zuckerberg’s Handling Of Trump Posts
“Facebook, complicit in the propagation of weaponized hatred, is on the wrong side of history,”

A Facebook engineer who works to combat the spread of misinformation on the platform is resigning from the social media giant as a result of how CEO Mark Zuckerberg has handled President Trump’s “increasingly dangerous rhetoric.”

Timothy Aveni announced his decision on Facebook on Monday afternoon, using the opportunity to call out the company for its unequal application of its own community standards.

“For years, President Trump has enjoyed an exception to Facebook’s Community Standards;

Over and over he posts abhorrent, targeted messages that would get any other Facebook user suspended from the platform,” he wrote.
“He’s permitted to break the rules, since his political speech is ‘newsworthy.’”

“Mark always told us that he would draw the line at speech that calls for violence,” Aveni continued.
“He showed us on Friday that this was a lie.

Facebook will keep moving the goalposts every time Trump escalates, finding excuse after excuse not to act on increasingly dangerous rhetoric.”

Last week, Trump published Facebook posts as protests flared around the country following the death of George Floyd, a Black man, who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck. In one message, Trump called protesters “THUGS” and said
“when the looting starts, the shooting starts,” parroting a racist Miami police chief talking about civil rights protests in the 1960s.

Twitter put the messages behind a warning label that said they violated rules against “glorifying violence.” The company didn’t take the tweets down, however, saying it was “in the public’s interest” for the president’s posts to remain accessible.

Facebook did nothing. Zuckerberg met with several civil rights leaders on Monday to explain his decision, which they later jointly called “incomprehensible.”

“Since Friday, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to understand and process the decision not to remove the racist, violent post Trump made Thursday night, but Facebook, complicit in the propagation of weaponized hatred, is on the wrong side of history,” Aveni wrote.

“I cannot keep excusing Facebook’s behavior,” he continued.
“Facebook is providing a platform that enables politicians to radicalize individuals and glorify violence, and we are watching the United States succumb to the same kind of social media-fueled division that has gotten people killed in the Philippines, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka. ”

Politicians in those countries have used Facebook — and Facebook-owned WhatsApp — to spread disinformation that can result in remarkable violence.
In Myanmar, for example, U.N. human rights experts strongly implicated Facebook in acts of genocide against Rohingya Muslims.

“I’m scared for my country and I’m done trying to justify this,” Aveni closed, noting his last day will be June 12.

PostSubject: Re: Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg   Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Leader ‘Stunned’ After Call With Zuckerberg
Page 1 of 1