OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:35 am

1-5-2021

The pioneering women who will be on new quarters
Beginning in 2022, women’s faces will appear on quarters for the first time, and the public will help choose who will be minted..

The first quarter, honoring the civil rights activist and poet Maya Angelou, will enter circulation in February. Designs have been released, and Angelou’s will show her profile with the backdrop of a flying bird, an homage to her poetry. The second, featuring the astronaut Dr. Sally Ride, will have her in uniform next to an image of Earth.

The program will have the United States Mint circulate up to five chosen women on the reverse (tail) side of the quarter-dollar from 2022 to 2025 — allowing for up to 22 women to have their faces on U.S. quarters by the end of 2025. The Mint selected Angelou and Ride at the beginning of 2021. Three others were announced in June :
Wilma Mankiller, Adelina Otero-Warren and Anna May Wong.

The quarter honoring Mankiller, the first woman elected principal chief of the Cherokee Nation, portrays her wrapped in a traditional shawl, standing next to the Cherokee Nation’s seven-pointed star.

Otero-Warren’s quarter shows the state flower of New Mexico, where she served as the first woman superintendent of Santa Fe public schools, as well as the slogan, “Voto para la mujer,” in honor of her voting rights work.

Wong, one of the first Chinese-American Hollywood stars, is encircled by marquee lights on her quarter.

The women chosen have to be deceased and can be influential in a myriad of fields and time periods including, but not limited to, civil rights, the women’s suffrage movement, government, the humanities or science.

The women on the faces of the quarters

Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewscripps.brightspotcdn.com%2Ff1%2F48%2F445ae7024ed2beabe981c8c509bd%2Fquarters

The public will have the opportunity to nominate other women for the quarters.

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 2:06 am

Yeah like we need more worthless money from the government.

Maybe they'll be worth something 100 years from now.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1916-1930 Standing Liberty Quarter - The Scandalous Coin

Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 67ae1fb8-e994-4186-9184-b9b66391ff76?width=720&height=720&resizeinbox=true&backgroundcolor=eeeeee

The Standing Liberty Quarter caused an uproar when it was first minted in 1916. Believe it or not, the coin was designed with one of Lady Liberty's breasts exposed. To this day, no one is sure why the original design included this. Many people found this design to be outrageous and obscene, and the Mint quickly changed the design to one that covered the breast. This is why Type 1 versions of this coin have become so rare. This incredible quarter is mixed date and comes in circulated condition. You can still see the design well, so you can be baffled why the mint would create this piece. Many coins have a great story behind them, but few have a story as scandalous as this one...

Standing Liberty Quarter

The Standing Liberty Quarter was produced between 1916 and 1930. These coins weigh 6.25 grams, are 24.3 millimeters in diameter, and contain 0.18084 troy ounces of silver. The Standing Liberty Quarter's composition is 90% silver and 10% copper.

Coin History and Design

The 1916 to 1930 Standing Liberty Quarter is famously known for its scandalous reputation. Also known as "The Scandalous Coin, the first design of the Standing Liberty Quarter features a standing Lady Liberty standing baring one of her breasts. The obverse side also featured Liberty holding a shield and an olive branch, while the reverse depicted a flying eagle and 13 stars.

At the time, this design by Hermon MacNeil was considered obscene and scandalous, causing enough outrage that the design was subsequently changed in 1917. In 1917, Hermon MacNeil revised his design and added a chain vest to cover Liberty's breast. It is still unknown why the original design included Lady Liberty's bare breast, but it has made for an excellent story and a very rare collector's item.

The 1917 design of the Standing Liberty Quarter remained in circulation until 1930 when it was replaced by the Barber Quarter.

Standing Liberty Quarter Value & Mintages

The Standing Liberty Quarter value depends on the mintage year. The most highly valued Standing Liberty Quarters are those issued in 1916 due to their objectively scandalous design. The 1916 Standing Liberty Quarter value ranges from $2,000 for coins in good condition, to $11,500 for uncirculated coins. However, the average value of a Standing Liberty Quarter is between $15 and $20.

The lowest mintage of the Standing Liberty Quarter occurred in 1916 as only 52,000 pieces of the bare-breasted Lady Liberty were struck. The highest mintage year for the coin occurred after the new design was instated in 1920 when 27,860,000 coins were produced for circulation.

Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:18 pm

Why are you so excited over a quarter--
Nobody uses cash.
The quarter is no big deal.
What on earth would one
use a quarter for-

Wife and I use plastic-
We never use cash-
I haven't seen/had a quarter
in years.
Wife got us a 50$ bill to keep in our
wallet in case of a cash emergency.
It's been there for years.

The oldest daughter-
has a Visa Prepaid card
We add money every month as
her allowance..
No cash-

The twins- have an online store
they chose to
go to get their allowance-
Once a month they go there
and chose a gift they want-
We have an installed $ limit
that can be spent.
They get so excited for the
mail to come.
No cash-

I suspect when you were a kid
your allowance was a quarter-
when it still had a purpose,
like going to a movie ahaa!

Anyways- some women will
be on a quarter that I
most likely will not see,
no big deal.

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 6:15 pm

Temple wrote:
Nobody uses cash.

You started this thread, not me.

Temple wrote:
Nobody uses cash.
What on earth would one
use a quarter for-

Wife and I use plastic-
We never use cash-
in years.

The oldest daughter-
has a Visa Prepaid card
her allowance..
No cash-

they chose to
that can be spent.
mail to come.
No cash-

Thanx for proving my point:

Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 6:46 pm

The Wise And Powerful wrote:
Temple wrote:
Nobody uses cash.

You started this thread, not me.

Temple wrote:
Nobody uses cash.
What on earth would one
use a quarter for-

Wife and I use plastic-
We never use cash-
in years.

The oldest daughter-
has a Visa Prepaid card
her allowance..
No cash-

they chose to
that can be spent.
mail to come.
No cash-

Thanx for proving my point:

A quarter has worth-
If you acquire 4 of them you have a dollar.

The thing is;
I do not know anyone that uses paper or metal cash..
Money is an antique the same as
checks are antique.

Nonetheless- a quarter has worth -
grandpas and grandmas still use and save them, I suspect.
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 8:39 pm

Temple wrote:

Nobody uses cash.

Marijuana dispensaries are cash-only here in Arizona because it's still technically against federal law even though the state itself can allow it. The state just legalized it and they sold 1.1 billion dollars of the stuff in ten months -

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/arizona-recreational-marijuana-sales-hit-record-monthly-high-state-reports/

So yeah, there's a LOT of cash flying around out here.
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 am

Temple wrote:

Nobody uses cash.

So i guess we can do away with all the ATMs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022   Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

Women Who Will Be On New Quarters Beginning in 2022
Page 1 of 1