OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License Empty
PostSubject: Illegal immigrants to be able to get driver’s licenses in NY after legal challenge fails   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 10:16 am

Published 32 mins ago
Illegal immigrants to be able to get driver’s licenses in NY after legal challenge fails
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Illegal immigrants in New York will able to obtain driver’s licenses starting next week after a last-minute legal challenge was dismissed -- making it the 13th state to allow the practice, but one that critics say is unconstitutional.

The Green Light Law, signed by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo earlier this year, allows anyone to apply for a driver’s license regardless of immigration status and does not require a Social Security number.

Illegal immigrants can use a combination of documents that include a valid passport from a foreign country and a valid foreign driver’s license, as long as it has been expired for less than two years.

“After waiting 18 years to have their right to drive restored, thanks to our legislature, New York can now officially join 12 other states in making driver’s licenses legally available to all residents,” New York Immigration Coalition Executive Director Steve Choi said in a statement this week, arguing that it will make roads safer and the economy stronger.

"This is a major step forward for all New Yorkers as we keep building New York to live up to its full potential of equity, opportunity and justice," said State Sen. Luis Sepúlveda (D-Bronx). "We also look forward to the significant economic and safety benefits the law will bring to communities across our state."

The controversial measure faced multiple lawsuits. Erie County Clerk Michael Kearns, whose lawsuit was dismissed last month, argued that the measure violated federal law and would make New Yorkers less safe.

"My concern is that, after 9/11, New York state put a prohibition on illegals having driving licenses and now with REAL ID in 2005 after we were attacked there will be a gap from today to Oct. 1 that anyone who is here illegally can get into a federal buiulding and can fly on our airplanes and cross our border," he said Saturday on "Fox & Friends."

According to the Wall Street Journal, the latest challenge by Rensselaer County Clerk Frank Merola was dismissed Friday after a judge ruled that he had not demonstrated a “cognizable injury” and therefore lacked the standing to sue. The judge warned, however, that the ruling shouldn’t be read as an affirmation that the law is “legal.”

“To the dissatisfaction of the parties and public-at-large, courts are at times unable to pass upon the merits of a case for one reason or another,” the judge wrote.

The Associated Press cited an estimate by the Fiscal Policy Institute that approximately 265,000 illegal immigrants in New York will get driver's licenses in the next three years, with more than half from New York City.

The Department of Motor Vehicles has been providing training and devices that can authenticate documents, although some clerks have warned that they are still not prepared for what may happen when the law goes into effect. Kearns said they have received only an hour-long webinar.

"I am now going to have to accept a report card from a foreign country and ... a foreign passport as authenticated documents. I myself as the clerk am going to have to do that," Kearns said. "We used to have to rely on a third party, the fed government, to do that so they have diminished a New York driver's license, and we are very concerned for our safety and security because western New York is a border to Canada."

The Cuomo administration has made it clear clerks cannot choose to disregard the law.

“Local officials, including the county clerks who run DMV offices, cannot choose which laws they like and which they will disregard,” Department of Motor Vehicles spokeswoman Lisa Koumjian said in a statement. “If a clerk is unwilling to follow state law, he or she should resign their office.”

Kearns, who has put up a sign in his office that features an anonymous Immigration and Customs Enforcement tipline, has promised to personally evaluate every illegal immigrant application. He believes the law is part of a broader power play by Albany that will ultimately lead to voter fraud.

"This is all a power grab for the ballot box in New York, trying to give illegals the right to vote," he said.
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Dems have been pushing the drivers licence for illegal migrants for a while ..It's a way to document the undocumented ...Of course voting is the ultimate goal ...Americans don't wanna vote for them
Back to top Go down
turd_ferguson

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 8:25 pm

New York has motor voter..............

and libs claim there is no vote fraud
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 6:42 am

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 11:10 am

Trump administration takes aim at laws allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain driver's licenses
The acting Homeland Security secretary requested a department-wide study on how the laws affect its enforcement efforts.
Dec. 31, 2019, 2:48 PM MST, By Associated Press

WASHINGTON — The acting secretary of Homeland Security is taking aim at new laws in New York and New Jersey that allow immigrants to get driver's licenses without proof they are in the U.S. legally, and restrict data sharing with federal authorities.

Chad Wolf sent a memo Tuesday to all the components of Homeland Security, which include U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration, requesting a department-wide study on how the laws affect its enforcement efforts.

New York's law went into effect earlier this month and migrants lined up to get documents. It is the 13th state to authorize licenses for drivers without legal immigration status. New Jersey lawmakers passed a similar bill in December.

New York's Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City's Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio are frequent thorns in the side of the Trump administration's efforts to restrict immigration. New York City is home to an estimated 500,000 immigrants in the country illegally.

The laws prohibit state Department of Motor Vehicles officials from providing data to agencies that enforce immigration law unless a judge orders it. New York cut off database access to at least three federal agencies last week when the law went into effect.

Wolf said in his memo, obtained by The Associated Press, that the department must be “prepared to deal with and counter these impacts as we protect the homeland.”

An estimated 265,000 immigrants without legal documents were expected to get driver’s licenses within three years, more than half of them in New York City, according to the Fiscal Policy Institute.

Applicants must still get a permit and pass a road test to qualify for a “standard driver’s license,” which cannot be used for federal purposes like an enhanced driver’s license or Real ID.

Wolf's directive asks that each agency survey what DMV information is already available, how it is used in day-to-day operations, and what are the security consequences without the data.

“The Trump administration takes the mission of protecting the Homeland very seriously,” said DHS spokeswoman Heather Swift. She said the laws were short-sighted and unsafe and skirt immigration laws on the books for decades. “These types of laws make it easier for terrorists and criminals to obtain fraudulent documents," she said.

New York authorities and other state officials say the laws are meant to lower the number of uninsured people, improve traffic safety and allow for better opportunity for work.
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:59 pm

My license was revoked at one time .. I didn't have it when I moved to Pennsylvania ..I needed my license, and applying for my written test I found that I needed my birth certificate and social security card for ID .. I didn't think it'd be a problem .. I didn't realize that the copy of my birth certificate didn't suffice for ID ..they needed my original

I won't detail all the red tape running around bullshit I had to go through after learning the building that would have my birth certificate had burnt down .. but living in Pennsylvania, I had to make several trips to the end of Long Island, NY where I was born and running around out there to finally get my birth certificate

My social security card was laminated .. I figured my girlfriend took it somewhere and had it laminated ..it looked exactly like my SS card but laminated .. DMV said it wouldn't suffice ..I needed the original ..Maybe it *was* the original and they wouldn't accept it because it was laminated ..who fuk'n knows ...So I had to go through shit with social security to get my original card

So now any 3rd world UNDOCUMENTED knuckle-draggin' migrant can just mosey in the DMV and take their written test, which I'm sure is provided for them in spanish, when I (a life long citizen) had to go through a month of red tape bullshit and traveling 500 miles back and forth to get the right documents to confirm my ID

What do they do, just scribble their name on the back of a fuk'n Wal Mart coupon? .. Or maybe just say "My name Jose" and get waved through to take the test .. Bullshit .. You see the lines at the DMVs? ... What about all the citizens that hafta register a vehicle, renew their license and shit like that? ..Those DMVs are essentially useless now and will be for a while ...

This is voter fraud and abuse of the DMV by the democrats ..These people aren't citizens and don't even belong in the country ... We can't go to south america and vote in their elections or get a drivers license ..The democrats need to be stopped ..they're off the fuk'n rails
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Grackle wrote:
As if we didn't know that was the plan from the get-go ...Maybe they'll at least stop the incessant lying about it now

BWAA! they sure in hell won't vote for trump..
so- I'm ok with it..
but- I doubt they'll be voting one way or another.

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Temple wrote:
Grackle wrote:
As if we didn't know that was the plan from the get-go ...Maybe they'll at least stop the incessant lying about it now

BWAA! they sure in hell won't vote for trump..

As if we didn't know that too...That's the point, Stupid ...it's why the democrats have invited the mass migration, giving migrants everything they want, and now giving them drivers licenses to document the undocumented so they can vote ...for democrats, of course ...Stevie Wonder could see that coming

Quote :
so- I'm ok with it..

pfff ..Imagine my shock ..you lefties don't give a shit about "saving our democracy" ..the constitution, and the bullshit you all preach .. it's all just another attempted power grab ...The democrats, their media, and their stooges like you have no shame

Quote :
but- I doubt they'll be voting one way or another.

You see nothing wrong with inviting foreigners into the country to bulk up the votes for democrats in the elections .. I give nadda fuck about your opinion on the issue
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Grackle wrote:

You see nothing wrong with inviting foreigners into the country to bulk up the votes for democrats in the elections .. I give nadda fuck about your opinion on the issue[/b]

It has Not happened..
You're in panic mode over
something that has not happened..

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Temple wrote:
Grackle wrote:

You see nothing wrong with inviting foreigners into the country to bulk up the votes for democrats in the elections .. I give nadda fuck about your opinion on the issue[/b]

It has Not happened..
You're in panic mode over
something that has not happened..

The Law:

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title18-section611&num=0&edition=prelim

The House:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/26/san-francisco-cities-allow-illegal-immigrants-vote/

The House voted Wednesday to go on record admonishing communities such as San Francisco that now allow illegal immigrants to cast ballots in local elections, calling it another way some localities are undermining federal immigration policies.

The 279-72 vote saw 49 Democrats join with nearly every Republican to protest the growing movement to expand the vote. Sixty-nine Democrats declined to take a stand, voting “present.”

The non-binding resolution does not force any changes, but did put lawmakers on record.

Yet a year later:

https://finance.townhall.com/columnists/frankvernuccio/2019/09/11/shocker-only-six-house-democrats-voted-against-illegal-immigrants-voting-n2552932
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License   NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License Empty

Back to top Go down

NY Law to give Illegals Ability to Vote After Obtaining Drivers License
Page 1 of 1