OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO.. Empty
PostSubject: The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO..   The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO.. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Jan 13, 2020

The federal government is preparing for another fight with Apple in an ongoing battle for access to encrypted iPhones. Though this round is about unlocking the device of a mass shooter with suspected terrorist ties, the result may determine how far, and how easily, the government can reach into your phone, too.

The government is again asking Apple to unlock iPhones. Here’s why you should care.
Apple has so far refused to help law enforcement.

The American Civil Liberties Union seems to agree. “The government’s demand would weaken the security of millions of iPhones, and is dangerous and unconstitutional,” Jennifer Granick, ACLU’s Surveillance and Cybersecurity Counsel, told Recode in a statement.
“Strong encryption enables religious minorities facing genocide, like the Uighurs in China, and journalists investigating powerful drug cartels in Mexico, to communicate safely with each other, knowledgeable sources, and the outside world.”

Barr has reopened the debate. Should it reach a court this time, the decision may have ramifications well beyond phones that belong to mass shooters. And that’s been Apple’s point all along:
If the government can force it to crack one phone or include a back door in its products, then there’s nothing stopping the government from accessing every device — including yours.

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO..   The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO.. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 6:19 pm

If you have nothing to hide, who gives a shit.

The NSA has been tracking people for decades.

The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO.. 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO..   The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO.. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 9:01 pm

The Wise And Powerful wrote:
If you have nothing to hide, who gives a shit.

The NSA has been tracking people for decades.

I could care less if they snoop in my phone
but-
that's not it's about.

PostSubject: Re: The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO..   The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO.. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Federal Government Wants Access to Phones-;I Vote NO..
Page 1 of 1