OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. Empty
PostSubject: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Published 8 hours ago on January 24, 2020

Fox News coverage of Trump’s impeachment trial has been embarrassing.

While CNN and MSNBC broadcast the speech, Fox News muted the speech while its pundits offered pro-Trump talking points.

CNN and MSNBC allowed viewers to hear Jeffries making a compelling case for removing Trump from office;
Fox News let viewers see Jeffries but not hear him. And that Trump-friendly way of covering the trial is the subject of an article journalist Aaron Rupar wrote for Vox this week.

“Starting with ‘The Five,’ the network’s early evening roundtable commentary show, and continuing throughout the evening, Fox News broadcast portions of screen-in-screen video of the trial.

Rupar explains in his Vox article.
“But instead of playing the audio, network hosts provided the normal Trumpian spin. So while someone who just looked at the screen may have concluded Fox News was covering the trial, in fact it wasn’t covering it at all.”

Millions of Fox News viewers, Rupar points out, have been fed a steady diet of “propaganda” and misinformation during Trump’s impeachment trial.

“The 2.7 million people who have been watching Fox News’ impeachment trial coverage at any given time are being told a story about it that’s completely untethered from reality.

Like Jeffries, Rep. Adam Schiff (the California Democrat who chairs the House Intelligence Committee) has, during the trial, made convincing arguments in favor of removing Trump from office for his impeachable offenses.

Someone who watched MSNBC or CNN got to hear Schiff skillfully laying out fact after fact after fact showing that Trump committed impeachable offenses.
But Fox News Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson, haven’t seriously addressed the facts Schiff presented — only insulted and defamed him.

“There’s nothing Schiff could have said on Wednesday that Fox News’ evening and primetime hosts wouldn’t have spun as evidence of his mental instability, his obsession with taking down Trump.”

“And while viewers were being spun on Wednesday, they were shown soundless video of the trial, the misleading implication being that they don’t have to bother watching it since Fox News is on top of it for them.”

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 7:44 pm

This is definitely among the top 5 stupidest shit you've dragged in here ... Are you actually unaware that all the mainstream networks are doing exactly what that article describes Fox as doing? .. There are clips all over the net of pieces of Schiff's diatribe, praising him as a virtuoso...dazzling, etc.. The guy is a known, proven, habitual liar

I don't do TV, but I imagine all the mainstream networks are covering every minute of the dem's grandstanding bullshit ... I don't believe anyone in this entire country has sat in front of a TV and watched hour after hour of Schiff carrying on ...From what I've seen/heard, he hasn't said anything he hasn't already said 100 times .. We've heard this ratchet-jawed fukker for months now .. and you bring this fuk'n article complaining that Fox isn't covering his hours of prattle

If anyone cares to hear the dems carry on they can turn on any one of the mainstream networks or just watch it online .. What the fuck do you care what's on Fox? .. If they defame or slander anyone they can take them to court ...If they're broadcasting fake news then bring that with ya .. Fuck this shitty article whining about how Fox is covering their hero
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 pm

This is all that bullshit warrants ..it's a fuk'n joke and should be treated as such

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 pm

All three major cable news networks were carrying raw footage from the U.S. Senate yesterday afternoon as House Democrats began offering their oral arguments in the third impeachment trial of a president in U.S. history.

But while CNN and MSNBC stuck with the feed, Fox cut away from the oral arguments of House Democrats and instead
           mostly ran with its regular programming beginning with the network’s afternoon panel show, The Five, and continuing through its slate of high-rated prime-time programming.

While CNN and MSNBC allowed their viewers to hear the case for why Trump should be removed from office,
Fox’s stars argued that doing so would make them “a terrible host” or apologized for even airing clips from the proceedings.

They argued that the Democratic impeachment managers were
“trying to kill America” with “incessant babble.”

They described abuse of power allegations as
“a big turkey stuffed with a bunch of you know what that comes out of your you know what.”

They mocked House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff as a person who “looks like a rotten dandelion,” is “the kind of guy that tucks his T-shirt into his mom jeans,” and is someone “who sources say had not a single friend in high school.”

Similarly, Fox's hosts spent much of Tuesday evening cutting away from or talking over impeachment proceedings.

At one point, Fox contributor Dan Bongino even described Schiff and Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) as “Ren and Stimpy,” a reference to an early 1990s Nickelodeon cartoon which apparently left quite an impression on him.

Fox was founded in part as a bulwark against potential efforts to remove a future Republican president, in reaction to President Richard Nixon’s resignation because of the Watergate crimes.
        Its stars will do anything they can to keep their viewers from learning exactly what Trump did.

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 pm

You can continue to paste Fox bashing articles from your lefty rags while they praise MSNBC and CNN ... I'm not stupid enough to pay them any mind ...Again, I don't believe anyone has sat in front of a TV to watch Schiff's grandstanding in it's entirety ...And Again, we've heard that fukker carry on for months now and he's only repeating the same bullshit .. I give nodda shit if all the networks cover every second of his rhetoric ...doesn't mean everyone has to watch it
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Quote :
Its stars will do anything they can to keep their viewers from learning exactly what Trump did.

haha ...I thought we were supposed to learn that during the inquiry when they presented their evidence and witnesses ... Has Schiff uncovered new evidence on his own that we're missing by not sitting in front of a TV and listening to him for hours? ... I hate to burst your bubble, but there's absolutely nothing on any TV network that can possibly keep anyone from learning anything ...HTH
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 10:21 pm

Grack, check yourself.
Hypocrisy is not a good look on whiners..

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Quote :
Grack, check yourself.

... If you're gonna call me a hypocrite and a whiner, ya might wanna point out the hypocricy and the whining ...Otherwise you're just a typical mouth breather
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 11:44 pm

Grackle wrote:
Quote :
Grack, check yourself.

... If you're gonna call me a hypocrite and a whiner, ya might wanna point out the hypocricy and the whining  ...Otherwise you're just a typical mouth breather

Calm down..
I merely said
to check yourself
and observed; Hypocrisy doesn't look good on whiners.

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 am

Temple wrote:
Calm down..

Right, I should ..  your copy and pasting them shitty articles has me all worked up  Rolling Eyes  

Quote :
I merely said
to check yourself
and observed; Hypocrisy doesn't look good on whiners.

Now you've said it again, for whatever stupid fuk'n reason...And all I said, Rerun, is to point out my hypocricy and whining ... Instead you just repeat yourself and pretend it's significant and upsetting to me ..heh ..Dumbass
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 pm

I guess it's only a big deal if Fox didn't cover Schiff's 3 hour diatribe in it's entirety

Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. 82969942_10206501956464732_6270921722703118336_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkjiOWh_touRMUI7OuC1EG-vnexvJk0ns2Oz_Ho7WVt1A2o5diV9XxcmKDK2xBzNzU&_nc_ht=scontent.fwbw1-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.    Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing. Empty

Back to top Go down

Coverage Of Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Been Embarrassing.
Page 1 of 1