OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists Empty
PostSubject: The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists   The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists EmptyWed May 12, 2021 11:44 pm

5-12-2021

Republicans triggered in Jan. 6 hearing turn to gaslighting, whitewashing and shouting:

The House Jan. 6 hearing Wednesday walked through the rancor and rage coming from supporters of former President Donald Trump as they were faced with the reality and accountability of the Capitol attack.

The analysis began with the gaslighting from at least three Republicans who downplayed the riot or denying it altogether.

Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA)
said that those who attacked police, and trashed the Capitol were just a ''normal tourist visit' from 'peaceful patriots" being
orderly" in Statuary Hall that day.

Rep. Pat Fallon (R-TX)
said during the hearing that the attackers were just a "mob of misfits."

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ)
passed over the violence saying that
"many…peacefully protested" on Jan. 6.

Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA)
claimed "it was Trump supporters who lost their lives that day,"

Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC)
questioned how Attorney General Merrick Garland even knows that the mob was of Trump supporters?
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists   The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists EmptyThu May 13, 2021 3:43 am

‘I have reassessed’: Former Pentagon official now says Trump may not have incited riot
By Josh Gerstein  14 hrs ago

Two top Trump administration officials testified Wednesday that President Donald Trump never contacted them on Jan. 6 as rioters overran the Capitol and engaged in brutal combat with police officers.

Former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and former acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller said at a House Oversight Committee hearing that they had no interaction with Trump during the riot.

“I did not,” Rosen said under questioning by Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) “I did not require any authorities that the department didn’t already have.”

Miller echoed the same message.

“I had all the authority I needed, and I knew what had to happen,” the former defense official said, adding that Trump had given him that authority in the days before the riot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/i-have-reassessed-former-pentagon-official-now-says-trump-may-not-have-incited-riot/ar-BB1gEMNn

The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com

The Capital Hearing- Just Visitors=Tourists
Page 1 of 1