OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING: CNN suspends host Chris Cuomo indefinitely   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 8:28 pm

11-30-2021

CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely after new revelations about brother's accusers.

CNN announced on Tuesday that it is suspending primetime anchor Chris Cuomo indefinitely pending
an investigation into his conduct.

Via reporter Dylan Byers, CNN cited newly released transcripts from the New York Attorney General's office as justification for its decision to suspend Cuomo.

"The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions," CNN said. "These documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother's efforts than we previously knew."

The documents show that Cuomo tried to use his position at CNN to dig up information on women
who accused his brother, then-New York Gov.
Andrew Cuomo, of sexual misconduct.

""I never misled anyone about the information I was delivering or not delivering on this program.
I never attacked nor encouraged anyone to attack any woman who came forward," Cuomo stated in the wake of his brother's resignation as governor.
"I never made calls to the press about my brother's situation.
I never influenced or attempted to control CNN's coverage of my family."

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 8:42 pm

"Tucker: CNN suspends top anchor Chris Cuomo | Fox News Video" https://video.foxnews.com/v/6284604110001#sp=show-clips
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 12:24 am

Sworn testimony and private messages, released Monday by the office of state Attorney General Tish James, show Chris Cuomo used his own journalistic network to glean information about an article Ronan Farrow was reporting for The

A spokesperson for CNN said the documents released by the Attorney General’s Office “deserve a thorough review and consideration."

“We will be having conversations and seeking additional clarity about their significance as they relate to CNN over the next several days,” the network said in a statement.

The testimony, given mid-July to investigators probing the elder Cuomo, showed that Chris Cuomo was in touch with the governor’s most-trusted aides as they became increasingly embattled.

He was in regular communication with Andrew Cuomo’s top staffer, Melissa DeRosa, and was on numerous conference calls and email chains in which participants hashed out official statements and strategies to respond to the existential crisis.

“Please let me help with the prep,” Chris Cuomo texted DeRosa, then the secretary to the governor.

In one exchange, he even asked DeRosa to delete a text exchange he had with her. Chris Cuomo told investigators he made the request because he feared the messages could be misconstrued. He also stated that he regularly deletes texts and emails he receives, out of a fear of potentially being hacked or exposing sources.

Cuomo also offered up possible information to the governor’s team on the identity of a woman — Anna Ruch — who accused Andrew Cuomo of grabbing her inappropriately and attempting to kiss her at a 2019 wedding.

“I have a lead on the wedding girl,” the younger Cuomo texted to DeRosa.

The CNN anchor told investigators that the information came from a friend of his who contacted him with concerns that the woman might have “been put up to it” to damage the governor.

Chris Cuomo initially declined to tell investigators who had conveyed this information, calling the person “a source” before divulging his name after conceding he was not a journalistic source. (The name is redacted from the released transcript.)

He also noted that a member of the governor’s staff who was part of the wedding backed up Ruch’s account.

At times, Chris Cuomo appeared to downplay his involvement in his brother’s response to the scandal, testifying that he did not pay close attention to some of the discussions he was copied on or that he was not a participant in others.

“I was most often a peripheral figure,” he said. “I'm the brother. Yes, I understand the media, but to be clear, everyone in that room understands the media.”

But others involved with the effort, including DeRosa and Democratic operative Lis Smith, told investigators in their own testimony that Chris Cuomo played a substantial role in how they managed the crisis.

The younger Cuomo also distanced himself from any insinuation that he assisted with “oppo research” or attempts to smear the governor’s accusers, though he tried to distinguish such unsavory tactics with the leaking of one former staffer’s personnel file — a decision in which he played no part, he said.

Chris Cuomo did, however, testify that he was in communication with his brother “at every inflection point,” and he would play a role in crafting the language of sensitive public statements issued by the governor or his office. He would also question other top advisers about language choices or the exclusion of certain phrases he felt would have benefitted his brother.

“My scope of interest is in my brother, trying to help him, with my head and my heart, any way I can, and trying to insulate my family from this in terms of the animus and the toxicity of it,” he testified.

There were other points when Chris Cuomo said he could not recall specific details, which he partially chalked up to lingering effects from a serious bout with Covid-19 last year and the flurry of activity at the time.

He frequently depicted himself as offering a unique perspective, given his closeness with his brother and experience in national media. He testified that he urged Andrew Cuomo and the governor’s advisers to go public with the truth and allow the process to play out rather than target accusers.

However, in both his testimony and written exchanges, the younger Cuomo raised what he said was the pernicious specter of “cancel culture” at play.

“I think cancel culture is real,” Chris Cuomo testified. “So does my brother. And I advised him that you cannot ignore these, that it's not going to go away; not in our society, not in our media culture, and not in your party.”

He testified that the former governor largely agreed with his characterization of the phenomena, but that Andrew Cuomo also feels singled out for other reasons.

“It's specific to him and politics, and that this is an entire string theory of people coming out to get him, head to toe, soup to nuts,” Chris Cuomo said.

The discussion of cancel culture also pivoted to an odd tangent involving Alec Baldwin, after investigators asked Chris Cuomo about DeRosa sharing a Daily Mail article about the actor opining about the subject.

The younger Cuomo said that he had a mutual friend who urged Baldwin to speak out about cancel culture and told him about it, even though the newsman didn’t think it would be particularly beneficial to his brother.

“I wasn't in favor of it happening because I didn't think that Alec Baldwin weighing in on this one way or the other was necessarily helpful or respectful to the situation,” he testified. “And I was trying to help my brother, and it just didn't seem that helpful to me.“

Temple

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 3:41 pm

12-4-2021

____ HE IS FIRED !!

'Stunning downfall': CNN fires Chris Cuomo
over role in brother's sexual harassment scandal.

CNN on Saturday announced that the network has
terminated primetime host Chris Cuomo.

"Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother's defense," the network said in a statement.

"We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately. While in the process or that review, additional information has come to light.
Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate."

In suspending Cuomo, CNN cited newly released transcripts from the New York Attorney General's office. The documents show that Cuomo tried to use his position at CNN to dig up information on women who accused his brother, then-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, of sexual misconduct.
The documents also seemingly contradicted Cuomo's statements about how he tried to assist his brother that he made earlier this year.

The New York Times reported Saturday that the termination "completed a stunning downfall" for Cuomo, who had been "the top-rated anchor at
CNN and a veteran television journalist who had
built a successful broadcast career outside of his famed political family."

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 9:43 pm

Yea they canned the poor bastid
It's all good 👍 ..Fredo will be fine ..maybe he'll hook up with MSNBC ....prolly pay him more money ..he's worth it ya know? ..Gets at it

He lifts weights ya know .. Works out in his basement ..showed videos of it ..pretty cool I think

He'll view this firing nonsense as just a stepping stone to better things to come ..Maybe HE will become mayor of NY in his brother's place ..yep .. The glass is always half full for Fredo .. Lets Get At It Fredo
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 12:34 am

12-29-2021

Westchester DA won't pursue criminal charges against Cuomo.

ALBANY, N.Y. — Disgraced former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo will not face criminal charges for alleged sexual harassment that took place in Westchester County, the local district attorney announced on Tuesday.

The investigation into Cuomo’s conduct in the county he once called home found credible evidence that the incidents — kisses on the cheek of an on-duty female state trooper and of a school employee without consent at a public event in the city of White Plains — did occur, District Attorney Miriam Rocah said in a statement.

“However, in both instances, my Office has determined that, although the allegations and witnesses were credible, and the conduct concerning, we cannot pursue criminal charges due to the statutory requirements of the criminal laws of New York,” Rocah said.

This is the second criminal investigation against
the former governor to conclude without charges.
The Nassau County district attorney announced last week that harassment allegations against Cuomo
in that jurisdiction would not lead to a criminal
case, although the prosecutor called the allegations "credible"
and "deeply troubling."

Cuomo resigned in August after the release
of a report by state Attorney General Tish James concluding that he had harassed 11 women.

Rocah was looking into an incident involving
a kiss on the trooper's cheek at the home Cuomo shared with his then-girlfriend, Sandra Lee, in the Westchester town of Mount Kisco.

Rocah also investigated the allegation of a school employee who came forward about a kiss on the cheek she did not agree to after Cuomo used a
photo of the incident in a montage to defend
what he said was his habitual greeting.

Outgoing Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance
also launched a criminal investigation into Cuomo's conduct in August.
Meanwhile, the Albany County sheriff, Craig D. Apple, filed a criminal complaint against Cuomo over an allegation of forcible touching in the Executive Mansion, but the arraignment has been postponed pending an investigation by the county district attorney, David Soares.

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 5:25 pm

1-5-2022

New York prosecutor drops sex crime case
against ex-governor Cuomo.

NEW YORK (Reuters) -A New York prosecutor will
not pursue a misdemeanor sex crime charge against former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, saying
he could not prove the elements of a crime beyond
a reasonable doubt.

Albany County District Attorney David Soares said
in a statement on Tuesday that his office had investigated the complaint made by former Cuomo aide Brittany Commisso and that he found her to
be "cooperative and credible."

"I, like most New Yorkers, remain deeply troubled by allegations like the ones at issue here," his statement said. "Such conduct has no place in government or
in any workplace."

Cuomo, a Democrat who ran New York for a decade, resigned in August after a state investigation concluded that he sexually harassed 11 women,
most of them state employees.

Commisso, then a Cuomo aide in her early 30s, said Cuomo, 64, groped her breast at the Executive Mansion in Albany in 2020. In October, Albany County complaint-related-sex-crime-filed-against-ex-ny-governor-cuomo-court-2021-10-28 a criminal complaint in court that charged Cuomo with forcible touching.

The complaint appeared to take even the prosecutor by surprise. He asked that Cuomo's initial court appearance be postponed to Jan. 7, saying Apple
had acted unilaterally and that the sheriff's complaint was "potentially defective."

Cuomo's lawyer Rita Glavin did not respond to requests for comment. A spokeswoman for the
sheriff declined to comment. Cuomo has said he
has never touched anyone inappropriately and that his efforts to be a friendly boss may have been mistaken for flirting.

Commisso expressed disappointment about the decision by the Albany County district attorney.
"I think it's deterring women from coming forward," she told the New York Post on Tuesday.

Her lawyer, Brian Premo, said Commisso intended to pursue a civil case against Cuomo.

Commisso's complaint was the most serious individual case discussed in the state attorney general's report that led to Cuomo's downfall, although news reports said the U.S. Justice Department began investigating whether there was a pattern of Cuomo harassing female employees.

Other county prosecutors have investigated some of the other individual complaints and declined to bring charges.

(Reporting by Jonathan Allen; Additional reporting
by Kanishka Singh; Editing by Howard Goller and Jonathan Oatis)

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 5:59 pm

Both Cuomos need to relocate to Haiti. Soon.

NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 8:53 pm

The Wise And Powerful wrote:
Both Cuomos need to relocate to Haiti. Soon.

I never cared for either of them..
I mostly ignored them.
It would give me great entertainment if they joined Quaon..
I would tune in bawahaa!
But the little one Chris was found not guilty, so---
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 10:33 pm

Temple wrote:

It would give me great entertainment if they joined Quaon..

What deranged fantasy would ever enter your mind as to any possible[ reason that could happen? You obviously have a warped sense of "great entertainment"          

Quote :

I would tune in bawahaa
  You mean tune in to like a TV show they'd make about the Cuomos joining Qanon? ..A movie or some shit?          
Quote :

But the little one Chris was found not guilty, so---
Not guilty of what? .. They have a trial i don't know about? .. He was fired by the worst bottom feeding news network in the country .. The same network that still employs race baiting, gay, sexual deviant, Don Lemon and public, on air masturbator, Jeffrey Toobin ..I guess they think he's guilty of somethin to fire him and keep those two degenerates ...Not to mention that egg-headed little runted turd, Stelter and the obnoxious jackass Acosta ..Coumo is not only out of a job but probably a carreer
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 11:17 pm

7-28-2022

NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host for fall prime-time show.

Chris Cuomo made one of his first on-air appearances anywhere since being fired from CNN last December over his role in helping his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, fend off accusations of sexual harassment.

Cuomo’s appearance came on NewsNation, the fledgling news channel that replaced WGN America. During an interview with longtime friend Dan Abrams on Dan Abrams Live, it was announced that Cuomo would host a prime-time show on NewsNation this coming fall.

Chris Cuomo’s firing came mere hours after a woman came forward with a sexual harassment claim against him, as well. With the New York Attorney General Letitia James’ revelations about the extent Chris went to help his brother, his credibility—the only currency you have as a journalist—was worth about as much as an East German mark was worth in 1989.

Less than 24 hours before Cuomo was fired from CNN, Chicago Tribune columnist Heidi Stevens wrote that the extent of his role in helping his brother defend himself is a big reason why survivors don’t come forward for years, if at all
Andrew Cuomo resigned in August.

The new details about Chris Cuomo’s role in the mess deliver another blow to the public’s trust in media, which is already at an all-time low.

Cuomo used his power as a journalist to get information on stories about potential accusers so his brother’s team could get dirt on them. He forgot that, as a journalist, he’s supposed to punch up, not down.

This is still a big step down for Cuomo, whose show, Cuomo Primetime, was one of the top-rated programs on CNN in 2019 and 2020, averaging 2 million nightly viewers in 2020.
NewsNation, launched in September 2020 by Nexstar Media Group.
NewsNation is trying to bill itself as a straight, unbiased news alternative to CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. But by taking on a man whose integrity is all but shot, NewsNation is taking a major hit to its own credibility. fall prime-time show.

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - EmptyFri Dec 01, 2023 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -   NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host - Empty

Back to top Go down

NewsNation hires Chris Cuomo as host -
Page 1 of 1