OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:  Empty
PostSubject: No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:     No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 6:42 pm

10-6-2022

No longer a Mystery Incorporated:
__ Scooby-Doo's Velma is gay.

After decades of rumor and innuendo, one of animation's worst kept secrets has finally been confirmed: Scooby-Doo's Velma is lesbian.

Clips from Halloween special "Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo," released this week, show the brainy sleuth's glasses fogging up and her cheeks reddening when she first meets villainous costume designer Coco Diablo.

"OK, who am I kidding? I'm crushing big time Daphne! What do I do? What do I say?" she asks her friend in another scene.

The gang of amateur detectives in "Scooby Doo" have been solving mysteries since 1969, delighting generations of children as they unmask a villain who invariably declares he "would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you pesky kids."

The titular oversized dog, who will do anything for a "Scooby snack," stumbles through crimes discovering clues with the help of friends, Shaggy, Daphne, Fred and Velma, who collectively make up "Mystery Incorporated."

Fans have long agreed that Velma is queer, but the new movie marks the first definitive confirmation.

Producers of the franchise's various series and movies have previously spoken about Velma Dinkley's sexuality, even if they were not able to make it explicit on screen.

In 2020 producer Tony Cervone posted an Instagram photo of Velma and another female character against a rainbow-themed Pride backdrop.

"We made our intentions as clear as we could ten years ago," he wrote in the caption at the time.

"Most of our fans got it. To those that didn't, I suggest you look closer."

Audie Harrison, director of the new movie, told NPR he did not expect Velma's same-sex attraction to be "so groundbreaking," and that he had "just set out to have fun with the comedy of an awkward teenage crush."

He added: "That being said, it does feel great to be a part of normalizing representation, especially with such a well-known franchise like Scooby-Doo!"

Fans took to social media to celebrate the news.

AFP

Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:  Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:     No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:43 am

Well at least she's not humping Scooby.

Yet.
Back to top Go down

No Longer A Mystery Incorporated:
Page 1 of 1