OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trump News Briefings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

Trump News Briefings Empty
PostSubject: Trump News Briefings   Trump News Briefings EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 2:45 pm

3/27/2020

Trump Turns a Crisis Into His New Nightly TV Show
The president has turned the abandoned briefing room into a new stage .

To anybody suddenly tuning into the president’s news conference this Monday evening, it might have seemed like the leader of the free world was channeling an
off-hours televangelist, taking advantage of a pandemic to offer a hazy tale of a miraculous cure.
A campain gathering.

'' Donald Trump intoned from inside the White House, invoking an antimalarial remedy called hydroxychloroquine.

Stripped of the weapon of his rallies, of “chopper talk,” of the sorts of set pieces to which the populace had grown accustomed over the three-plus years he’s been commander in chief, Trump as a president in crisis has engineered something different.

While governors from New York to California have staged almost daily briefings, offering a traditional mixture of stern warnings and words of comfort, Trump has created something more
like a show built on narrative surprises and populated with familiar characters—
the good doctors, the bad reporters, the loyal lieutenants.
And in the middle of it all, playing the role of the ringmaster, the marketer and the brander, and the self-professed expert, is Trump.

His mood and his message have ebbed and flowed, alternately boasting and bashing, soothing and striking, intermittently solemn, flippant and peeved, flouting facts and shifting blame, underplaying dire projections and overselling potential vaccines.

The president’s political career has been shaped deeply by his experiences as the star of “The Apprentice,” for which he developed the “Mr. Trump” boardroom persona and his trademark judgmental pout.

He entered the Oval Office urging aides to see his administration as a show in which he battles rivals.

He has duly done his part, serving up twists and turns and clear-cut conflicts with recurring and easily identifiable enemies (the news media, the Democrats, “Sleepy Joe Biden,” “the Chinese virus”).
“The endless quiz show, the endless soap opera.”

Even when he’s not at the microphone, he never relinquishes the spotlight.
With hundreds of millions of people justifiably freaked out and cooped up, cable news networks’ ratings are rising.
And these new daily doses of Trump keep getting longer.
Slowly but surely, they’re tending toward later in the day, too, edging into prime time, reportedly no accident.

Monday’s was the longest one yet. It lasted 10 minutes shy of two hours, pushing into the 8 p.m. hour.

“I’ve gotten to like this room,” Trump said.

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Trump News Briefings   Trump News Briefings EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:28 am

I suppose you'd rather get the "news" from CNN

Trump News Briefings 45094_7yuvsjnxwh3j3ln_full
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Trump Brags About His News Conferences Ratings----   Trump News Briefings EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 4:19 pm

NYC is constructing a hospital in Central Park, close to 60K New Yorkers are infected, Florida is on the same trajectory, and yet trump has time to tweet about his "ratings".
Is this a show to him?

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the @nytimes, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!
((( 'MY' News Conferences, ferfuk.))))

12:06 PM - Mar 29, 2020
dead bodies are piling up in refrigerated trucks in front of NYC hospitals and this fucking Idiot is bragging about *ratings*

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: .. Trumps World Wide Press Briefing ---   Trump News Briefings EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 4:49 pm

3-30-2020

((((keep in mind;
this is a world wide covid19 informitive
news brifing)))

Trump Attacks Yamiche Alcindor After She Quoted Him Verbatim:
6 hours ago
Donald Trump uses his faux coronavirus press conferences as a way to deny, deflect and lie about what he's previously said to Fox News hosts when he's whining and complaining.

Trump joined Sean Hannity last week and refuted Gov. Cuomo's pleas for the federal government to send more ventilators ‘I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators’ he told the Fox News.

During Sunday's Trump rally disguised as a press briefing,
PBS's Yamiche Alcindor asked him about his statements made on the Hannity program.

"I have two questions,” she said.
“The first is, you’ve said repeatedly that you think that some of the equipment that governors are requesting, they don’t need.”

Trump jumped in, “I didn’t say that,” he repeated many times

She continued, “You said it on Sean Hannity’s Fox News”

Trump then scolded her,
“Why don’t you people act…why don’t you act in a little more positive?”
“It’s always trying to get you, get you.
And you know what, that’s why nobody trusts the media anymore.”

Alcindor tried to finish her question, "My question to you is how's that going to impact..."
and Trump in a nasty tone cut her off and attacked her personally.

“Excuse me, you didn’t hear me and that’s why you used to work for Times, and now you work for somebody else. Look, let me tell you something, be nice. Don’t be threatening.”

She was undaunted by his bloviating,
"Mr. President, my question is
how is that going to impact how you fill these orders for ventilators or masks?"

Trump then went on to gaslight her original question, claiming he's producing tremendous amounts of much needed medical equipment and as he began to lie he confused ventilators with generators and never responded to the comments he made on the Hannity show.

He then whined again after he finished lying, suggesting maybe those hospitals didn't really have the need they said they did, before calling her a "fine journalist."

And then, he complained: "And ask questions that are so threatening --"

She responded, "I was quoting you directly from interview with Sean Hannity..."

((((Now quoting Trump directly equates threatening him. What a snowflake.

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Petition - Ending Live Daily Coverage of Trump’s COVID-19 briefings   Trump News Briefings EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 12:23 am

Petition - Ending Live Daily Coverage of Trump’s COVID-19 briefings

Please stop covering the President’s daily live campaign rally (thinly disguised as a coronavirus “news conference”). There is no need to do so. News organizations can monitor the briefings in real time and have your anchors and correspondents quickly share appropriately edited valuable, accurate parts, which will come from medical experts. That will leave the President’s insults, false braggadocio, and outright lies on the editing room floor, where they belong.

President Trump is blatantly using the news organizations’ extensive, live coverage to freely campaign for a second term. It is wrong and dangerous to provide so much unfettered airtime to someone who is happily, shamelessly spreading terrible, damaging misinformation that is already costing fellow Americans their lives.

SIGN;
https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/ending-live-daily-coverage-of-trump-s-covid-19-briefings
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Trump News Briefings   Trump News Briefings EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 2:38 am

Ari Fleischer blasts networks for criticising Trump's news conferences
• Mar 31, 2020

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Trump News Briefings   Trump News Briefings EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 3:50 am

CNN faces backlash for skipping Trump's initial remarks at White House coronavirus briefing
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

CNN raised eyebrows Tuesday after it chose not to air President Trump's initial prepared remarks at the daily White House coronavirus briefing.

The network, at first, continued with its scheduled programming and started airing the briefing only when the president was wrapping up his comments and handed the podium to task-force member Dr. Deborah Birx. The network carried most of the rest of the briefing, including Trump taking questions later. MSNBC carried the briefing from the start until shortly before it ended; the briefing lasted over two hours in all.

It came just one day after primetime anchor Don Lemon called for his network not to air the briefings live. However, CNN did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment over its decision.

It was a sobering briefing as Trump and task-force officials revealed projections that 100,000 to 240,000 people could die from the virus in the U.S. even if current prevention measures remained in effect.

The network's move sparked criticism on social media.

"I never want to hear @CNN-ers --- everyone from Tapper to Stelter to Lemon --- complain about there not being briefings again. They've spent over a year pre-pandemic complaining about no daily briefings with a press secretary. And now they're ORANGE MAN BAD WE CAN'T," NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck exclaimed.

"This is one of the newsier and substantive briefings to date," National Journal politics editor Josh Kraushaar reacted.

"I remember CNN cutting away from other candidate's speeches in 2016 to cover an empty airfield waiting for Trump to land for a rally. Today they don't cover Trump on a day he promised to give a presentation to show why he extended the coronavirus guidelines. Not a great look," writer Josh Jordan scolded the network.

"CNN isn’t broadcasting the President of the United States giving an update on a pandemic and is instead tweeting about a former president complaining about fuel standards regulation, in case you were wondering about their priorities," political strategist Drew Holden reacted to a CNN story about former President Obama's new complaint about the Trump administration rolling back climate-change initiatives.

Curtis Houck
✔
@CurtisHouck
I never want to hear @CNN-ers --- everyone from Tapper to Stelter to Lemon --- complain about there not being briefings again. They've spent over a year pre-pandemic complaining about no daily briefings with a press secretary. And now they're ORANGE MAN BAD WE CAN'T

3:45 PM - Mar 31, 2020

Josh Kraushaar
✔
@HotlineJosh
This is one of the newsier and substantive briefings to date https://twitter.com/guypbenson/status/1245105433792188422

Guy Benson
✔
@guypbenson
fwiw: CNN cuts to presser as POTUS stops speaking — excluding one of his most somber and detailed messages to date.

3:53 PM - Mar 31, 2020

Josh Jordan
✔
@NumbersMuncher
I remember CNN cutting away from other candidate's speeches in 2016 to cover an empty airfield waiting for Trump to land for a rally.

Today they don't cover Trump on a day he promised to give a presentation to show why he extended the coronavirus guidelines.

Not a great look.

4:05 PM - Mar 31, 2020

Drew Holden
@DrewHolden360
CNN isn’t broadcasting the President of the United States giving an update on a pandemic and is instead tweeting about a former president complaining about fuel standards regulation, in case you were wondering about their priorities. https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1245100835962531843

CNN
✔
@CNN
Former President Obama issued a rare criticism of the Trump administration after it announced it's rolling back his signature fuel standards aimed at combating the climate crisis, saying Americans "have to demand better" of their elected leaders https://cnn.it/2UPK8CK

3:56 PM - Mar 31, 2020

One of the anti-Trump network's primetime anchors made passionate remarks Monday night saying the network should not air such briefings live.

"I have said I don't think that you should really listen to what he says, you should listen to what the experts say," Lemon told his colleague Chris Cuomo during their nightly handoff. "I'm not actually sure, if you want to be honest, that we should carry that live. I think we should run snippets. I think we should do it afterwards and get the pertinent points to the American people because he's never, ever going to tell you the truth."

That apparently was enough to influence his boss, CNN President Jeff Zucker, who defended the network's decision to air Trump’s coronavirus task force briefings live, despite employees complaining about them.

Citing “multiple sources,” The Daily Beast reported Zucker told staffers that CNN viewers should hear from coronavirus experts including Birx and Dr. Anthony Fauci, who regularly have appeared alongside Trump at the briefings.

“It’s a very difficult decision... as of now, we are going to continue to carry those briefings,” Zucker reportedly told his staff.

Zucker's defense of airing the briefings came just hours before Lemon's opposing plea to the network.

Back to top Go down
louie

louie

PostSubject: Re: Trump News Briefings   Trump News Briefings EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 8:00 am

The press briefings are like a college kid circle jerk.. Everyone giggling burping and farting trying to get the best "gotcha", asking the same question over and over..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump News Briefings   Trump News Briefings Empty

Back to top Go down

Trump News Briefings
Page 1 of 1