OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign Empty
PostSubject: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Published 1 hour ago
NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign, at George Floyd memorial
By Morgan Phillips | Fox News

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio was drowned out by booing at a memorial for George Floyd in Brooklyn on Thursday, as the preacher who introduced him pleaded with attendees to show “respect.”

“Let us welcome with respect the mayor of New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio and first lady Chirlane McCray,” Rev. Kevin McCall said.

Loud booing then broke out as the mayor took the stage, forcing McCall to add: “Again, again, again, we said respect! We said respect! Say it with me, respect!”

When McCray took the microphone first, the booing subsided.

Dan Linden
✔
@DanLinden
“Let us welcome, with respect, the mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio.”

Crowd answers with loud boos at Brooklyn vigil for George Floyd. https://abcn.ws/3gWue3s

De Blasio had also received boos as he arrived at the memorial, with crowds shouting “De Blasio, go home” as he walked across the stage.

Rose Adams
@rose_n_adams
· 5h
Thousands at Cadman Plaza for George Floyd’s memorial chanting “What do we want? Justice! When do we want it? Now!” Terrence Floyd, George Floyd’s brother, is here

View image on Twitter

Rose Adams
@rose_n_adams
De Blasio and Chirlane McCray arrive 20 mins late. Crowd boos and chants “De Blasio, go home” when he walks across the stage

Later, as he tried to address the crowd, his words were barely audible over crowds chanting “Resign.” At another point, the crowd chanted “Turn your back,” and many turned around so as not to face the mayor.

Matt Troutman
@ByMattTroutman
Many in crowd turn backs on de Blasio. Wow

Shortly after, de Blasio gave up and ceded the microphone to George Floyd’s brother, Terence Floyd.

Wearing a face mask bearing a picture of his brother and a Yankees cap, he said, “I want to thank God.” He added: “It wasn’t his fault. It was his will. I thank God for you all showing love to my brother.”

Floyd also criticized the destruction.

“I’m proud of the protest, but I’m not proud of the destruction,” Floyd said. “My brother wasn’t about that.”

The New York City mayor has taken heat from not only his community but lawmakers both left and right over his handling of the riots against police brutality that have ravaged the city for nearly a week.

On Tuesday, NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo called the mayor’s handling of riots a “disgrace” and said he has the power to “displace” de Blasio, though he won’t at this time.

"The NYPD and the mayor did not do their job last night, I believe that," Cuomo said at the time.

Cuomo said at a press conference that the mayor "underestimates" the scope and duration of the problem, suggesting he needs to deploy more police.

De Blasio imposed an 11 p.m. curfew to quell riots on Monday, but after another night of fires and looting moved up the curfew to 8 p.m. and extended it through Sunday night.

President Trump too slammed de Blasio for his refusal to bring in the National Guard.

“You have a liberal mayor [in Minneapolis] that frankly was having a lot of trouble and you have a very liberal mayor in New York [City] too and you notice that all of these places that have problems are not run by Republicans, they are run by liberal Democrats, so there is something into that philosophy,” Trump told “The Brian Kilmeade Show.”

Oppositely, Black Lives Matter protesters accuse de Blasio of being too sympathetic to the NYPD. De Blasio praised the police force for showing “tremendous restraint” toward protesters.

He said he saw a “lot of restraint from the N.Y.P.D. overall,” adding that if there was “anything that needs to be reviewed, it will be.”

“In the context of crisis, in the context of curfew, there is a point where enough is enough,” the mayor added. “If officers say now is the point we need you to go home, it’s time to go home.”

Earlier Thursday de Blasio gave a press conference outside a city hospital after an officer was stabbed in the neck the night before in what police say was an unprovoked attack, sparking a gunfight that left two additional officers and the knife-wielding man wounded.

Tweets and videos at https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-mayor-de-blasio-drown-out-by-boos-calls-to-resign-at-george-floyd-memorial

NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 2:52 pm

BREAKING: NYC Mayor de Blasio plans to defund the police
Collin Jones, The Post Millennial |7th June 2020

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Sunday his intentions to defund the NYPD amid protests following the death of George Floyd.

Reagan Battalion
✔
@ReaganBattalion
Breaking: @BilldeBlasio announces that he is defunding the NYPD.

Good luck, New York.

De Blasio took to Twitter at 11:20 a.m. saying: "This morning we committed to move resources from the NYPD to youth and social services as part of our City’s budget. Our young people need to be reached, not policed. We can do this AND keep our city safe."

Mayor Bill de Blasio
✔
@NYCMayor
This morning we committed to move resources from the NYPD to youth and social services as part of our City’s budget.

Our young people need to be reached, not policed.

We can do this AND keep our city safe.

The suggestion of defunding the police has spread across the US, with major politicians backing the idea put forth by protesters and rioters.

De Blasio announced four major NYPD reforms, which he said was the first of many to come.

The reforms are as follows:

· Shift funds from NYPD to youth and social services

· Repeal the 50-a police disciplinary records law

· Give civilians control over vendor enforcement

· Set up community ambassadors within NYPD leadership

De Blasio said that a racial disparity task force helped come up with the reforms. He continued by saying that these reforms were not installed because of the protests, but as the new COVID-19 pandemic laid bare disparities affecting black and brown New Yorkers.

"This is a transformative moment, so the actions today are a beginning," he added.

"I expect us urgently, incessantly work for change for 18 months until the very last day we're here. I expect you to see and feel a different reality in the NYPD and in this city as a whole."

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 4:12 pm

eehhh i dont care- never liked him..

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Temple wrote:

But..but..he's LIBERAL!!!

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 5:50 pm

The Wise And Powerful wrote:
Temple wrote:

But..but..he's a DUMBSHIT!!!

Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Temple wrote:
Temple wrote:

All liberals are.

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 7:34 pm

Temple wrote:
Temple wrote:

All liberals are.

Absolutely not..
Only 20% are..
which, in comparison to
the 95% of dumbshit republicans.
not bad at all, nope..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign   NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign Empty

Back to top Go down

NYC Mayor de Blasio drowned out by boos, faces calls to resign
Page 1 of 1