OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chinese Spy Balloon

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grackle

Grackle

Chinese Spy Balloon Empty
PostSubject: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:06 pm

Finally shot down
... I couldn't find the link again
...i thought there was a thread here on the topic but i couldn't it

.... I don't know why they allowed it to float around in U.S. air space for so long
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
directorate
directorate

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Chinese Spy Balloon 20qtu2x
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 7:13 pm

2-4-2023

Biden brought down a Chinese spy balloon.
But he hasn’t tanked bilateral ties.

In comments Saturday to reporters, Biden said he ordered on Wednesday that the balloon be shot down “as soon as possible.”
Ultimately, authorities decided to wait until the object was over water to avoid “doing damage to anyone on the ground,” the president said.

Biden did not answer a question about how the decision would affect U.S. relations with China. Foreign affairs observers, however, predicted that both Beijing and Washington would try to minimize the fallout.

“The Biden administration has already signaled that it will seek to reschedule the Blinken visit when conditions allow. If this closes the book on the incident, the two sides can get back to work. If, instead, the Chinese elect to play the aggrieved victim or to retaliate, we may find ourselves back climbing the escalation ladder.”

Should the United States recover the remnants of the balloon and prove that it is a spy contraption and not a weather tracker, that could further embarrass Xi and lead him to back down.
Biden could use that wreckage “to humiliate China or as a bargaining chip in private discussions,” said Yun Sun, China program director at the Stimson Center.

The Chinese embassy in Washington, D.C., didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The United States and China have a history of recovering from relation-disrupting incidents that initially outraged the other.

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 7:51 pm

Quote :
Ultimately, authorities decided to wait until the object was over water to avoid “doing damage to anyone on the ground,” the president said.

Yea, i guess there are no open fields in MONTANA where it was first spotted ...best to let it float around over the U.S. a few more days... WTG Joe
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 8:36 pm

Chinese balloon called 'dry run' for EMP attack
Nuke at altitude could destroy electronics for hundreds of miles
WND Staff By WND Staff
Published February 3, 2023 at 12:03pm

A commentary at the Washington Examiner is warning that a Chinese spy balloon being watched as it crosses the United States could be a "dry run" for an EMP attack.

An electromagnetic pulse attack would be triggered by a nuclear explosion at altitude. It would disrupt electronics in a massive region, and earlier warnings have said that it could take down America's grid, destroy basic functions like banking and deliveries, and ultimately kill millions.

The latest warning is contained in Paul Bedard's Washington Secrets column.

"High-altitude balloons, such as the one China has floated over mountain state military bases this week, are considered a key 'delivery platform' for secret nuclear strikes on America’s electric grid, according to intelligence officials," he reported.

"Spy balloons, used by Japan to drop bombs during World War II, are now far more sophisticated, can fly at up to 200,000 feet, evade detection, and can carry a small nuclear bomb that, if exploded in the atmosphere, would shut down the grid and wipe out electronics in a many-state-wide area."

WND has reported on the threat from EMP for years, as the nation has no effective barrier to such attacks. And even small rogue nations or terror groups that could capture a nuke could launch such an attack.

A congressional EMP commission and the military have delivered such warnings over the years, too.

Bedard said a 2015 report for the American Leadership & Policy Foundation included advice from Air Force Maj. David Stuckenberg, a leading EMP expert, about the situation, and the threat to national security from EMPs.

"Using a balloon as a WMD/WME platform could provide adversaries with a pallet of altitudes and payload options with which to maximize offensive effects against the U.S.," he said at the time. "A high altitude balloon could be designed, created, and launched in a matter of months. There is nothing to prevent several hundred pounds of weapons material from being delivered to altitude."

Today, in light of the Chinese balloon's presence, Bedard reported, he said, "China’s recent balloon flyover of the United States is clearly a provocative and aggressive act. It was most likely a type of dry run meant to send a strategic message to the USA. We must not take this for granted."

He noted during World War II Japan had an effort that targeted North American with balloon bombs.

The report said, "Stuckenberg cited the research of the late Peter Pry, who headed a congressional commission on EMP and reported on the potential of a balloon-launched attack."

Pry found, "Imagine the consequences of a balloon EMP attack that damages and destroys electronic systems at the speed of light within an EMP field with a radius of hundreds of kilometers. The Eastern Grid generates 75% of U.S. electricity and supports most of the population. Virtually any nuke detonated anywhere over the Eastern Grid will collapse the entire Eastern Grid, not just the area within the EMP field, because of cascading failures that will ripple outward."

China has claimed its balloon is a weather balloon and is not a threat, and the Pentagon has so far rebuffed demands to shoot it down.

WND reported only last year there was new evidence the rogue Islamic regime in Iran was preparing for such an attack by hardening its "critical infrastructure" in preparation for a military response from the United States.

In an electromagnetic-pulse, or EMP, attack, a small nuclear weapon delivered on a satellite is exploded at high altitude, resulting in a burst of electromagnetic energy that could cause a nationwide blackout of the electric power grid. The shutdown of critical infrastructure reliant on the grid, which could last as long as a year, would affect communications, transportation, food and water supply, and sanitation.

While nuclear experts believe Iran does not have the capacity to strike the U.S. with a traditional nuclear-tipped missile, its intent to carry out an EMP attack "may be reflected in their efforts to protect at least some of their critical infrastructures," according to a report by Pry, the executive director of the EMP Task Force on National and Homeland Security.

Pry's report then, titled "IRAN: EMP THREAT The Islamic Republic of Iran's Military Doctrine, Plans, and Capabilities for Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack," noted anofficial Iranian military textbook endorses EMP attacks against the U.S.

'EMP apocalypse'

A year ago, Pry co-authored a column in The Hill warning that the Ukraine war could devolve into an "EMP apocalypse" for America.

Pry and co-author D. Brian Hay, president of the Canadian security think tank Mackenzie Institute, said a missile-delivered EMP "of sufficient size, exploded high above St. Louis, for example, could basically fry the electricity systems of the United States and those of the main populated parts of Canada and northern Mexico."

"The resulting social catastrophe of such a doomsday scenario would forcibly preoccupy national, state and local authorities with their own internal problems," they wrote.

"Imagine most of the United States with no electricity, no ATMs, few working vehicles, few functioning hospitals, no delivery of prescription medicines, or food or fresh water or sewage treatment," they wrote "Most of the U.S. population could be reduced to a lifestyle like that of the 1800s. EMP Commission estimates project a death toll of 90 percent of the population within one year, were something of this nature to happen. Remaining authorities would be overwhelmed by civil unrest decimating the dwindling population as they fought for their survival."

The threat could come, they warned, from many sources, including North Korea and China as well as Russia and Iran.
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 9:19 pm

It could be a weather balloon or a
private party scientific balloon..
But--it could be a spy balloon..
Nobody knows, as yet..
So, hold on wait patiently for results..
Exciting huh ... You guys get so excited...

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Temple wrote:
It could be a weather balloon or a
private party scientific balloon..
But--it could be a spy balloon..
Nobody knows, as yet..
So, hold on wait patiently for results..
Exciting huh ... You guys get so excited...

Yea..you tell'em, Bozo .. Officials with telescopes that identified it don't know shit .. It could be a honeymoon couple in a hot air balloon that blew off course, right?
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm

Wait patiently for results.
Don't poopy your pants over it..

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 11:27 am

Temple wrote:

Wait patiently for results.
Don't poopy your pants over it..

Results of what?.. It was over Alaska..like there's no place to take it down there.. Floated across the Pacific, then floated over the entire U.S. before they took it down in the Atlantic ... It's probably at the bottom of the fuk'n ocean ... Kinda seems like that's what Biden wanted

It doesn't matter WTF it was.. It was identified as Chinese, in U.S. air space and should have been taken down at the first sight of it over Alaska ..

The military has to stand by while the Buffoon in Chief scratches his ass and allows it to pass through our entire air space before he finally decides to take it down in the fuk'n ocean ...afraid it would fall on somebody...lol
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 5:52 pm

2-5-3023

ABC host pops Marco Rubio's balloon rant:
It 'happened three times' under Trump'

ABC host Jonathan Karl reminded Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) that former President Donald Trump had failed to notify Americans on at least three occasions when Chinese balloons entered the country's airspace.

During an interview on ABC, Karl asked Rubio if President Joe Biden should have gone against the advice of the U.S. military and instead shot the balloon down over populated land.

Rubio agreed that the debris could have "hurt, harmed or killed people."

"If that was the case, then I think it really would have been helpful for the president of the United States to get on national television and explain to the American people, this is what we're dealing with, this is what I'm going to do about it, and this is why I haven't done it yet. None of that happened.
And I don't know why.
I don't know why they waited so long to tell people about this."

But Karl pointed out that Trump had failed to disclose similar incidents at least three times.
"This happened three times under the previous president," t
he host said.
"Obviously, there were no public notifications then.
And not one was shot down.
"

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 6:39 pm

Temple wrote:
2-5-3023

ABC host pops Marco Rubio's balloon rant:
It 'happened three times' under Trump'

ABC host Jonathan Karl reminded Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) that former President Donald Trump had failed to notify Americans on at least three occasions when Chinese balloons entered the country's airspace.

////

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 8:36 pm

AHAA the truth is brutal, but it is fact...
trump did nothing when balloons were overhead ahaa..
Biden shot one down....
and that scorches the republicans to the bone..bwaa
gotta luv this crazy shite ..

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 1:13 am

"Whataboutism"
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 3:03 am

Temple wrote:
Biden shot one down....

"You Poopy yor Pants" ...ha
... Chinese never flew any balloons over the U.S. before ...
Here's right from the democrats' "news"
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/05/politics/chinese-spy-balloons-trump-administration/index.html
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 4:24 am

Chinese Spy Balloon 58234_c66pxsufiijolx4_full
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 6:19 am

I think China just lost control of it. If they can't drive a car why would you think they can drive a balloon.
Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 10:24 am

I got around to some reading about all this balloon shit, which makes your blather even more amusing

Temple wrote:

"Fact" according to whom? .. Your source is *anonomous* with left wing parroting it
Quote :

" Overhead of what? .. Even your left wing sources claim the alleged balloons were *-outside-* of Florida and Texas. .So they could only have allegedly been overhead of boats ..
Quote :

Biden shot one down....

Yea... after allowing it to float across the country for a fucking WEEK...He tackled the quarterback after the game was over... WTG Sleepy Joe!
Quote :

I think you're experiencing the same type of "~unbridled glee~" as the democrats over their members getting kicked off their committees

Yet another colossal fukup by the Biden admin and you left wingnuts celebrate it and add it to his "achievements"...lol

Not that you'll bother with anything that doesn't support the leftist narratives.. But Ratcliff was intel advisor during the Trump admin and denies the rhetoric ... He and others *named* in the Trump admin (not anonomously) deny it as well

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ratcliffe-shoots-down-claim-that-three-chinese-balloons-crossed-over-u-s-under-trump
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 9:22 pm

Grack-- you try too hard overthinking in the wrong direction..
I do see you struggling and pity your situation being-
130 million American adults have low literacy skills with 54% of people 16-74 below the equivalent of a sixth-grade level.
You are among your peers within the 130 million
I suggest you restrain yourself from the overkill of misplaced effort to get my pity-
I suggest- It's Time for you to retire..

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 11:31 pm

Soo ..your "unbridled glee" over the Trump era balloons has faded and you wanna change the subject ..that's cool

Quote :
Grack-- you try too hard overthinking in the wrong direction..

With over 500 thread starters about Trump, I'd say you put forth quite an effort yourself ..That's just thread starters ...not including the posts about him....mentions, references, comparisons... I bet all that would put the number up around 10,000 .. Quite a campaign you're running here .. I can imagine how much time it would take if you actually read half the shit you copy and paste to this board
Quote :

I do see you struggling and pity your situation being-
Struggle? .. Nahh .. I enjoy this shit .. Ridiculing you as well as the worthless, inane shit you think is news -gives me the chuckles
Quote :

130 million American adults have low literacy skills with 54% of people 16-74 below the equivalent of a sixth-grade level.
You are among your peers within the 130 million
Now you're just grasping at straws that don't exist .. I'm the only one here that will write more than a paragraph.. Nothing wrong with my spelling and grammar, and my reading and comprehension are excellent ... Now i hafta wonder if you even know what literacy is ... It's for damn sure you're not a shining example of it .. In fact i suspect you probably had to copy and paste those statistics, since you're obviously the closest one here to being illiterate... It's laughable for you to accuse me or anyone else of it
Quote :

I suggest you restrain yourself from the overkill of misplaced effort to get my pity-
Again, this is amusing for me .. I like it ..if it was too much effort i wouldn't bother .. Typing isn't a problem for me
Quote :

I suggest- It's Time for you to retire

Ain't happening ...
... You were supposed to be a KOF Flamer ... You're just a snivelling whelp... Maybe the 2016 election broke you like so many others of your whiney ilk .. Pissing and moaning about the bad orange man and parroting the same drivel from the media ... Can't think for yourself, which is why you just copy and paste the words and thoughts written by others .. You're the only one here to warrant any pity
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 3:58 am

Chinese Spy Balloon 52767_rxijr7r3dersjnq_full
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 7:54 am

I think this whole spy balloon business is...

Wait for it...

Overblown.

Chinese Spy Balloon BYDISPx
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 5:13 pm

Chinese Spy Balloon FoLJJ6yaYAAN3fC?format=jpg&name=900x900
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Spy Balloon   Chinese Spy Balloon Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Spy Balloon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next