OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State Empty
PostSubject: This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State   This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 8:31 am

GoBankingRates
LAURA GARIEPY
December 11, 2023 at 5:00 AM

Living on Social Security alone can be financially challenging, but many retirees and people with disabilities do it everyday. They budget carefully, find clever ways to save money and enroll in assistance programs designed to help people make ends meet, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

Sometimes, they also move to lower-cost-of-living areas to stretch their dollars further or aim for a higher-than-average payment.

It’s possible to beat the average Social Security benefit. Those that do generally work longer careers — strategically increase their earnings over time — and wait as long as possible to apply for payments.

While the average monthly benefit varies by gender and age, here are the average Social Security payments in every state, according to the Social Security Administration.

https://www.aol.com/finance/average-social-security-payment-every-110007620.html
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State   This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 6:26 pm

I"m getting my first payment in May. About two grand a month. I'll probably work a couple more months after that and then retire. I've been working 48 years and really don't want to anymore.
Back to top Go down
directorate
directorate

PostSubject: Re: This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State   This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 7:26 pm

oliver clotheshoffe wrote:
I"m getting my first payment in May. About two grand a month. I'll probably work a couple more months after that and then retire. I've been working 48 years and really don't want to anymore.

Two grand doesn't go very far these days.
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State   This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 7:48 pm

directorate wrote:

House and cars are paid off and there's money in the bank if something comes up. I'll be okay. Won't be taking any cruises but I get seasick anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State   This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:47 am

oliver clotheshoffe wrote:
directorate wrote:

House and cars are paid off and there's money in the bank if something comes up. I'll be okay. Won't be taking any cruises but I get seasick anyway.

At least you'll have beachfront property when California sinks into the ocean.
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State   This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:25 pm

The Wise And Powerful wrote:

At least you'll have beachfront property when California sinks into the ocean.

Surf's up! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State   This Is the Average Social Security Payment in Every State Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1