OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now' Empty
PostSubject: Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now'   Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now' EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 11:00 am

Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now'
Matthew Miller, Washington Examiner
Thu, September 2, 2021, 4:45 PM

President Joe Biden appeared confused when recalling his daughter's wedding during a meeting with rabbis prior to the Jewish holiday season.

During the meeting, Biden began telling the holy men about his daughter's wedding. He explained having a joint Jewish-Catholic wedding, his daughter being a Catholic and her husband Jewish.

"We wanted to have a co-confessional wedding," Biden said. "We had a huppah on the altar, and we had a co- ... It was co-officiated. Now some of you aren't gonna like this, but it was co-officiated by a Catholic priest, as well as a Jewish rabbi."

Biden then appears to complain about a Catholic hymn he requested at the wedding not getting played and a Jewish song being played instead.

"I only asked one thing ... There's a hymn, my favorite hymn in the Catholic Church based on a psalm. I asked if that hymn in the Catholic Church ... and they played, my mind is going blank now, what's the song that is played when everybody is on the chair?" Biden said, appearing confused. "I can't remember it. Anyway ... I said, 'What the hell's going on here?' I just had one little favor, just that they play 'Eagle's Wings.'"

Biden then trails off into another thought.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1433500992297910273

Biden is the second Catholic president, after Irish Catholic John F. Kennedy. He has had friction with the church due to his overt support of abortion, a position antithetical to Catholic teachings.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops debated earlier this year whether to continue allowing Biden to receive communion if his open advocacy of abortion continued.

The bishops voted 168-55 in favor of drafting "a formal statement on the meaning of the Eucharist in the life of the Church," which would reconsider whether pro-abortion Catholic politicians can receive communion.
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now'   Biden gets confused, can't remember detail from his daughter's wedding: 'My mind is going blank now' EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Biden Lied about Visiting Pittsburgh Synagogue after Shooting, Director Claims
Zachary Evans, The National Review
Fri, September 3, 2021, 8:20 AM

The executive director of the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pa., is contesting President Biden’s claim that he visited the synagogue after a white supremacist shot and killed eleven worshippers in October 2018.

Biden claimed to have visited the synagogue in the wake of the attack during a Thursday Zoom call marking the Jewish High Holidays.

“I remember spending time at the — you know, going to the — you know, the Tree of Life Synagogue, speaking with the — just — it just is amazing these things are happening — happening in America,” Biden said, according to a White House transcript of the call sent to reporters.

Barb Feige, who became executive director of the synagogue in 2019, told the New York Post that Biden has not visited since the attack took place. The White House claimed on Friday that Biden referred to a phone call with the rabbi of the Tree of Life Synagogue in 2019, in a statement to CNN.

About 1,000 rabbis and Jewish community leaders from across the U.S. participated in the call on Thursday

The shooting was the deadliest anti-Jewish attack in U.S. history. Biden said on the call that “the attack in Pittsburgh, those attacks — all anti-Semitic attacks — aren’t just a strike against the Jewish community; they’re a strike against the soul of our nation and the values which we say we stand for.”

Biden also mentioned his own connections to American Jews, noting that his daughter has a Jewish husband.

“My daughter married a Jewish young man. And — you know, dream of every — every Catholic father that she marry a Jewish doctor,” Biden joked.
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1