OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Utah Democrats Strategically Decline to Field a Senate Candidate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

Utah Democrats Strategically Decline to Field a Senate Candidate Empty
PostSubject: Utah Democrats Strategically Decline to Field a Senate Candidate    Utah Democrats Strategically Decline to Field a Senate Candidate EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 pm

4-28-2022

Utah Democrats Strategically Decline to Field a Senate Candidate to Back Independent Evan McMullin.

This is a wise, strategic, brilliant move by the Utah Democratic Party. I will let the tweet thread from Independent Senate Candidate, Evan McMullin
speak for itself.

We don’t know who he will caucus with yet and I am cool with that. I think McMullin should hold that close to his vest and keep his options open until he wins … and he has a strong chance to unite enough people
to defeat Republican Liar, Mike Lee, to win this seat.

1. If Democrats outright hold the Senate he can join the winning caucus.

2. If it is 49-50 he could be the “tie breaker” to hold the Democratic Leadership with Chuck Schumer.

3. If Republicans cheat, lie, steal, suppress the vote to “win” the Senate, he can caucus with the GOP and then be a fly in the ointment for them.

Regardless, he would be far better for the US Senate than the criminal traitor and Trump sycophant, Mike Lee. I am proud of
the Utah Democrats who looked at the math and saw that if they fielded a candidate they have no chance of winning and they would also tank Evan’s chance of winning.

Would I prefer a Democratic Senator from Utah?
Of course! But at this point in time, the Utah Democrats simply do not have a shot in that state. Evan McMullin is a well known, well-liked, intelligent, former CIA agent, centrist Independent and would be better than any Republican.

This move by Utah Democrats makes for smart, pragmatic, strategic politics and I think this is very good news. Let’s hold
the line people and expand our majorities in the Senate.

Back to top Go down

Utah Democrats Strategically Decline to Field a Senate Candidate
Page 1 of 1