OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>

Go down 
+3
Temple
oliver clotheshoffe
The Wise And Powerful
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:42 pm

Temple wrote:
I have a great idea--

///

Wassamatta - all of a sudden you get upset cuz a thread veers off topic???

Not too worry, I'm sure more shit about The January 6th Public Hearings will get posted.

Meantime, go wish Vitriol a happy birthday:

https://ootikof.forumotion.com/t4225-hey-vitriol

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 12:01 am

The Wise And Powerful wrote:
Temple wrote:
I have a great idea--

///

I was being nice/thoughtful..offering them a way to have their own reminiscing thread.. they will love it..

Back to top Go down
directorate
directorate

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 4:48 am

Temple wrote:
Temple wrote:
I have a great idea--

///

I was being nice/thoughtful..offering them a way to have their own reminiscing thread.. they will love it..

What a hypocrite you are. A blatant one at that.
Back to top Go down
unemployedfarmer
unemployedfarmer

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:13 am

Temple wrote:
unemployedfarmer wrote:
unemployedfarmer wrote:
oliver clotheshoffe wrote:
Hey Farmer remember Peaches/Spoon at the old C.O. board? Word is the guy just passed away.

Oh yeah, I remember him! I liked arguing with him. Sorry to hear he passed away though.

There's a fairly long thread about net personalities death over at https://stomping-groundz.com/index.php

You still have an account over there.
I do remember going to that board a couple years ago. I just didn't remember the name. I was able to log in.

I have a great idea--
Since this thread and other parts of this board is;
___  Politics, Religion, Legal Issues, and Breaking News__
Why don't you guys reminisce in a thread just for you
to relive your troll nostalgia..
Wouldn't that be awesome for you to play in and being
out of the news and political threads, yes-- flower

I saw in an old thread that Murdy claimed I called her husband. That is absolutely not true. I don't know why she would lie about me like that. The only people I ever called from the boards were people who just wanted to talk to me.
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:35 am

Temple wrote:

I have a great idea--
Since this thread and other parts of this board is;
___  Politics, Religion, Legal Issues, and Breaking News__
Why don't you guys reminisce in a thread just for you
to relive your troll nostalgia..
Wouldn't that be awesome for you to play in and being
out of the news and political threads, yes-- flower

Translation - "I smoked way too much weed and can't remember the past" hysterical
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 12:57 pm

Trump says he's 'financially supporting' January 6 defendants and will look 'very favorably' about full pardons if he wins the 2024 election
Jake Epstein, Madison Hall
Thu, September 1, 2022 at 10:53 AM

Trump says he's "financially supporting" defendants in trials related to the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

His comments came Thursday on the conservative Wendy Bell Radio show.

Trump also said he will look "very favorably" about giving "full pardons" to individuals if he's re-elected.

Former President Donald Trump said on Thursday he recently met with defendants in trials related to the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot and that he is financially supporting some of them.

When asked during a call-in with the conservative Wendy Bell Radio show how he can help the defendants, Trump said he's "financially supporting people that are incredible," adding that he hosted some defendants in his office just two days ago.

"It's a disgrace what they've done to them," Trump said, referring to sweeping Justice Department and FBI investigations of the deadly insurrection.

"They're firemen, they're policemen, they're people in the military," Trump said of the defendants, adding that his legal team has been "working on it very hard."

The former president did not disclose how many defendants he is supporting, nor did he mention how much money is being given.

NPR reported in January that right-wing media personalities — and organizations — have raised money for January 6 defendants.

Trump also said he will look "very favorably" about giving "full pardons" to individuals convicted of crimes related to the Capitol riot if he decides to run and win the 2024 presidential election.

"I think that's probably going to be the best because even if they go for two months or six months — they have sentences that go a lot longer than that — but we'll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons because we can't let that happen here," Trump said, adding that convicted rioters would also get an "apology."

POLITICO reported earlier this year that Trump considered issuing a blanket pardon for all individuals who participated in the Capitol riot during his final days in the White House.

As of August 30, over 900 individuals have been arrested and charged with crimes related to the deadly Capitol riots, and at least 376 people have pleaded guilty for their roles in the insurrection.

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 7:13 pm

Congratulation Obi--
You hit bottom and finally got your very own
___ KOF Troll Hole..
You excelled and shine, good for you ..  
The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 1f4a9  The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 26ab
eew  old man  

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 7:29 pm

Temple wrote:

Congratulation Obi--
You hit bottom and finally got your very own
___ KOF Troll Hole..
You excelled and shine, good for you ..  

Glad you agree with Trump giving "full pardons" to individuals if he's re-elected.

Back to top Go down
unemployedfarmer
unemployedfarmer

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 10:49 am

Trump says he's 'financially supporting' January 6 defendants and will look 'very favorably' about full pardons if he wins the 2024 election
Jake Epstein, Madison Hall
Thu, September 1, 2022 at 10:53 AM

Trump says he's "financially supporting" defendants in trials related to the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

His comments came Thursday on the conservative Wendy Bell Radio show.

Trump also said he will look "very favorably" about giving "full pardons" to individuals if he's re-elected.

Former President Donald Trump said on Thursday he recently met with defendants in trials related to the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot and that he is financially supporting some of them.

When asked during a call-in with the conservative Wendy Bell Radio show how he can help the defendants, Trump said he's "financially supporting people that are incredible," adding that he hosted some defendants in his office just two days ago.

"It's a disgrace what they've done to them," Trump said, referring to sweeping Justice Department and FBI investigations of the deadly insurrection.

"They're firemen, they're policemen, they're people in the military," Trump said of the defendants, adding that his legal team has been "working on it very hard."

The former president did not disclose how many defendants he is supporting, nor did he mention how much money is being given.

NPR reported in January that right-wing media personalities — and organizations — have raised money for January 6 defendants.

Trump also said he will look "very favorably" about giving "full pardons" to individuals convicted of crimes related to the Capitol riot if he decides to run and win the 2024 presidential election.

"I think that's probably going to be the best because even if they go for two months or six months — they have sentences that go a lot longer than that — but we'll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons because we can't let that happen here," Trump said, adding that convicted rioters would also get an "apology."

POLITICO reported earlier this year that Trump considered issuing a blanket pardon for all individuals who participated in the Capitol riot during his final days in the White House.

As of August 30, over 900 individuals have been arrested and charged with crimes related to the deadly Capitol riots, and at least 376 people have pleaded guilty for their roles in the insurrection.

They very rarely locked up anyone who destroyed cities and attacked the White House. The only arrests I'm aware of were a couple of people who lit and threw Molotov cocktails at police.
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 5:18 pm

Ginni Thomas claims 2020 election was stolen in meeting with House Jan. 6 committee
Bart Jansen, USA TODAY
Thu, September 29, 2022 at 2:03 PM

WASHINGTON – Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, repeated claims the 2020 election was stolen, despite a lack of evidence, while testifying Thursday before the House committee investigating the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021.

The committee wanted to interview Ginni Thomas about her advocacy for challenging the results of the 2020 election. The chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., told reporters after the session she repeated her opinion the election was stolen despite a lack of evidence.

"She said that," Thompson told CNN.

Her lawyer, Mark Paoletta, issued a statement saying she answered the committee's questions, voiced her concerns about election fraud and condemned the violence on Jan. 6.

"As she has said from the outset, Mrs. Thomas has significant concerns about fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election," Paoletta said. "Beyond that, she played no role in any events after the 2020 election results."

Numerous public officials at federal and state levels investigated election results and found no widespread fraud, including Trump aides such as former Attorney General Bill Barr. Richard Donoghue, former acting deputy attorney general, said Trump provided an "arsenal of allegations" about election fraud that were all shot down, including a baseless claim about Italian satellites altering votes.

“The whole thing was very, very murky at best, and the video was absurd,” Donoghue told the House committee.

The committee has been eager to talk with Ginni Thomas because she sent dozens of text messages to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows urging him to fight the results of the 2020 election.

Among the 29 messages, Ginni Thomas called Biden's win “the greatest Heist of our History” in a text on Nov. 10, 2020, according to The Washington Post.

“Do not concede,” Thomas wrote on Nov. 6, 2020. “It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back.”

In addition, Ginni Thomas urged Arizona state lawmakers to reverse former President Donald Trump's election loss in 2020 by choosing electors themselves. And the Washington Post reported she also pressured Wisconsin lawmakers to do the same.

Her political activism has raised concerns in the past about possible influence on Clarence Thomas and prompted calls for him to recuse himself from cases dealing with the Capitol attack. But Ginni Thomas said she doesn’t discuss cases with her husband, and he hasn’t commented on possible conflicts.

Ginni Thomas acknowledged attending Trump’s rally Jan. 6, 2021, before a mob of his supporters attacked the Capitol. But she said she left the rally because it was cold and never went to the Capitol

Back to top Go down
unemployedfarmer
unemployedfarmer

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 1:34 pm

Ginni Thomas claims 2020 election was stolen in meeting with House Jan. 6 committee
Bart Jansen, USA TODAY
Thu, September 29, 2022 at 2:03 PM

WASHINGTON – Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, repeated claims the 2020 election was stolen, despite a lack of evidence, while testifying Thursday before the House committee investigating the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021.

The committee wanted to interview Ginni Thomas about her advocacy for challenging the results of the 2020 election. The chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., told reporters after the session she repeated her opinion the election was stolen despite a lack of evidence.

"She said that," Thompson told CNN.

Her lawyer, Mark Paoletta, issued a statement saying she answered the committee's questions, voiced her concerns about election fraud and condemned the violence on Jan. 6.

"As she has said from the outset, Mrs. Thomas has significant concerns about fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election," Paoletta said. "Beyond that, she played no role in any events after the 2020 election results."

Numerous public officials at federal and state levels investigated election results and found no widespread fraud, including Trump aides such as former Attorney General Bill Barr. Richard Donoghue, former acting deputy attorney general, said Trump provided an "arsenal of allegations" about election fraud that were all shot down, including a baseless claim about Italian satellites altering votes.

“The whole thing was very, very murky at best, and the video was absurd,” Donoghue told the House committee.

The committee has been eager to talk with Ginni Thomas because she sent dozens of text messages to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows urging him to fight the results of the 2020 election.

Among the 29 messages, Ginni Thomas called Biden's win “the greatest Heist of our History” in a text on Nov. 10, 2020, according to The Washington Post.

“Do not concede,” Thomas wrote on Nov. 6, 2020. “It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back.”

In addition, Ginni Thomas urged Arizona state lawmakers to reverse former President Donald Trump's election loss in 2020 by choosing electors themselves. And the Washington Post reported she also pressured Wisconsin lawmakers to do the same.

Her political activism has raised concerns in the past about possible influence on Clarence Thomas and prompted calls for him to recuse himself from cases dealing with the Capitol attack. But Ginni Thomas said she doesn’t discuss cases with her husband, and he hasn’t commented on possible conflicts.

Ginni Thomas acknowledged attending Trump’s rally Jan. 6, 2021, before a mob of his supporters attacked the Capitol. But she said she left the rally because it was cold and never went to the Capitol

I think she's right. I've seen hundreds of videos which prove it to me.
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: The J6 Committee To Drop The Hammer    The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 3:31 pm

10-12-2022

How the J6 committee plans to drop the hammer
at tomorrow's hearing.

The House Jan. 6 committee's next public hearing on Thursday will cover new material provided by the Secret Service revealing that former President Donald Trump was
"repeatedly alerted to brewing violence" on Jan. 6, according to The Washington Post.

The Secret Service provided over one million electronic communications to congressional investigators, two anonymous sources told NBC News.
This includes emails and other electronic messages from agents in the days leading up to and during the insurrection.

The communications can provide insight into contact agents had with rioters, their efforts to protect former Vice President Mike Pence and what happened when Trump allegedly ordered Secret Service agents to take him to the Capitol.

"We have and continue to fully cooperate with the Jan. 6 select committee. While no additional text messages were recovered,
we have provided a significant level of details from emails, radio transmissions, Microsoft Teams chat messages and exhibits that address aspects of planning, operations and communications surrounding Jan. 6," Secret Service Special Agent Steve Kopek told NBC.

The committee also plans to share surveillance footage taken near the Ellipse on the morning of Jan. 6 before Trump's speech at the "Stop the Steal" rally.
Other internal emails that will be revealed at the hearing may include evidence about staff members warning Trump about the possibility of violence taking place that day, but Trump continuing to press Secret Service agents to take him to the Capitol to join his supporters, three people said according to The Washington Post.

The committee held several public hearings over the summer showing never-before-seen video footage from the Capitol attack and video testimony from former officials about Trump's refusal to accept his election loss.
The hearings provided an insight into the plans Trump's allies orchestrated to replace electors in battleground states that President Joe Biden won and revealed the ways local and state elections officials were threatened.

The ninth public hearing will touch on the "close ties between people in Trump world and some of these extremist groups," Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., who sits on the panel, said in a CNN interview.

"We're going to be going through, really some of what we've already found, but augmenting with new material that we've discovered through our work throughout this summer," Lofgren added.

The hearing is set for 1 p.m. ET on Thursday after being rescheduled last month due to Hurricane Ian's devastation in Florida.

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 QEb4Czf
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 4:13 pm

Do you honestly think that committee sifted through one million new electronic communications???

A colossal waste of taxpayer money.

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 5:27 pm

Do you honestly think that committee sifted through one million new electronic communications???
A colossal waste of taxpayer money.

I have no idea how many they have seen of the million-
Tomorrow will show what they have-
They have the ''receipts in those communications-
Anyways;

They have a significant level of details from emails, radio transmissions, Microsoft Teams chat messages and exhibits that address aspects of planning, operations and communications surrounding Jan. 6," Secret Service Special Agent Steve Kopek told NBC.
The ninth public hearing will touch on the "close ties between people in Trump world and some of these extremist groups,"

"We're going to be going through, really some of what we've already found, but augmenting with new material that we've discovered through our work throughout this summer," Lofgren added.

We'll see what they have to offer tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 5:41 pm

I read somewhere that democrats are just getting started with the Jan 6 crap ...All the prior blather has been like "Season One" of a TV show
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: OH MY GOD THIS IS IT THEY HAVE TRUMP FOR SURE THIS TIME!!!!!!!!   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 1:54 pm

January 6 Committee Subpoenas President Donald Trump

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 U6L54L4

The U.S. House January 6 Committee used its first hearing in months on Thursday to subpoena former President Donald Trump to testify before it — after failing to produce evidence tying him to the Capitol riot, and just days before the 2022 midterm elections.

Committee chair Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) explained that Trump was at the “center” of events surrounding the Capitol riot, and that the need for him to testify “goes beyond our fact-finding” toward “accountability” to the American people as a whole.

The vote to approve the subpoena was unanimous, with the resolution to compel Trump’s testimony proposed by outgoing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), a staunch opponent of Trump whose stance caused her to lose her primary to retain her congressional seat.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/13/january-6-committee-subpoenas-president-donald-trump/
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 1:55 pm

Oh and Temple - we see you as a valuable contributor to this forum and we are concerned for your health so please be sure to use lubricant tonight as you pleasure yourself to this news. We wouldn't want to see you spontaneously combust.
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 3:43 pm

Roger Stone Melts Down As Jan 6 Committee Hearing Unfolds
Zachary Petrizzo
Thu, October 13, 2022 at 2:36 PM

As the Jan. 6 Committee played the video of Roger Stone's closed-door deposition and footage from a yet-to-be-released documentary that chronicled the dirty trickster ahead of the 2020 election, the longtime informal Donald Trump adviser frantically melted down online.

“In 2000, when the Bush v. Gore election was still in doubt James A. Baker III urged Bush to claim victory, which he did and was hailed as a genius,” he wrote on Telegram as the hearing unfolded. “When I said Trump should do the same thing (in public but to not to either Trump or anyone around him) and I am accused of criminal conduct. Total BS.”

As the committee was presenting their case, on Thursday afternoon, Stone doubled down by posting a picture of an empty hamburger bun, attempting to mock the Jan 6. Committee as a “nothing burger.”

“All I've seen in today's Jan 6 Committee is guilt by association,” he declared. “The fact that I know or have met someone is most certainly not evidence of criminal conspiracy. If the committee has actual proof and content of communication between me and any one charged with a crime, they should produce it.”

Even before the hearing kicked off, Stone was on the defensive, threatening to file a $25 million lawsuit against the Danish filmmakers — Frederik Marbell and Christoffer Guldbrandsen — who caught him back in November saying, “Fuck the voting, let's get right to the violence.”

The footage was played during Thursday's hearing as committee members made the case that Trump and his associates were complicit in the Jan. 6 riot.

(Stone has since called the footage of himself a “deep fake.” He has not presented any evidence to back up the charge.)

“I will seek a restraining order preventing the release of his film in the United States,” he added.

Stone didn't return The Daily Beast's request for comment.

But Stone wasn't alone in his dismissal what is believed to be the committee's final televised hearing.

In the wake of the committee voting in favor of subpoenaing Donald Trump, two advisers in the former president's orbit laughed off the historic action, insisting that most Americans couldn't care less about the committee's proceeding.

One argued most don't care about Trump's failed coup attempt.

“Go ask a random American out there what January 6 means to them, and they probably won't know what you're talking about. Ask them how pissed they are about inflation and gas prices and their 401(k) getting wrecked and they'll talk your ears off,” the adviser told The Daily Beast. “The Democrats' obsession with this entire thing is a political liability and comes across like they're out of touch with what regular Americans actually care about.”

Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 7:16 pm

10-13-2022

How Trump almost got away with it: Experts
weigh in on final J6 hearing.

House Select Committee Investigating the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol revealed how much worse Trump's attempted coup could have been during Thursday's public hearings.

Experts weighed in following the hearing.

Princeton historian Julian Zelizer wrote, "The theme of today's 1/6 committee:
the multi-part plan wasn't chaos, it wasn't 'delusion,' nor was it a leader who lost control of events.
This was a premeditated, coordinated, and intentional effort to overturn an election that Trump and his team understood he had lost."

Harvard Law Prof. Laurence Tribe:
"two bipartisan 9-0 votes against Donald J. Trump today, one 9-0 vote by SCOTUS, the other 9-0 by the Select Committee to Investigate the Insurrection. A bad day for Trump, a good day for the Rule of Law."

He noted Trump telling Cassidy Hutchinson, "I don't want people to know we lost."

"This cinches his guilty state of mind. No doubt left," Tribe wrote. "Trying to defraud us all."

"After today’s public hearing, one more thing is clear: It won’t be enough for AG Merrick Garland to approve indictments of Trump related to Mar-a-Lago & obstruction," he explained.
"He will have to approve indictments for trying to overthrow the election, seditious conspiracy, and insurrection."

Trump almost got away with it.

"Trump knew that violence on Capitol Hill on January 6, 2021, might give him a pretext to declare martial law and invoke other authoritarian powers in an effort to hang on to the Presidency," presidential historian Michael Beschloss said.

He explained, "If the January 6 attack on the Capitol and Congress had turned into a hostage crisis or, God forbid, assassinations of members of Congress, Trump would probably have declared that he needed to take increased Presidential power in order to ' restore order.'

And if the physical Electoral Vote ballots were destroyed at the Capitol on January 6, as some of the attackers seemed eager to do, Trump might have announced that no President had been chosen and that he would occupy the vacuum."

Yale historian Joanne Freeman hoped Trump will testify.

"For now, we need to hear from the man at the center," Freeman wrote. "We are all as Americans owed an explanation."

"If we can’t agree there should be legal consequences for a president who tries to stay in office whether he wins an election or not—and is willing to lie, pressure officials, and incite violence to do so—then it’s hard to see how democracy isn’t doomed," warned Prof. Brian Klass. "This isn’t complicated."

Dartmouth political science Prof. Bendan Nyhan:
"it was an attempted self-coup (autogolpe).
Did not emerge spontaneously. A direct effort by
the President of the United States to overthrow our democracy."

Tribe, the Harvard Law professor:
"this final hearing was the most effective in years. Taken together with the committee’s prior hearings,
it left no doubt that __Trump deliberately tried to steal the 2020 election and committed major federal crimes in the process."

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 8:08 pm

The prattle from these professors is of no importance

Democrats have carried on about January 6th for almost 2 years now.. Made a TV show about their investigating and findings ...

I think it's time to end the hysteria and get their attack dogs in DOJ, FBI to charge him with a crime or STFU .. This committee of anti Trump democrats can't do shit but squawk about it/him .. Give it to law enforcement and get to work on current problems for the people they're supposed to be representing
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 9:11 pm

Democrats think Americans are stupid. Americans are not stupid. Americans see what democrats are doing to the country every time they go to the gas station and the grocery store. Americans couldn't care less what happened two years ago. They care about what's going to happen to their 401ks if we don't get these idiots out of power.
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 9:38 pm

Democrats think Americans are stupid. Americans are not stupid. Americans see what democrats are doing to the country every time they go to the gas station and the grocery store. Americans couldn't care less what happened two years ago.
____They care about what's going to happen to their 401ks___
if we don't get these idiots out of power.

You are beyond stupid and a totally uninformed dimwit)

Be enlightened--

‘SECURE 2.0’ would further expand retirement
savings options.
((that ^^ bill is by Democrats)

An eventual extension to 75 as the age by which retirees must withdraw required minimum distributions (RMDs) from requirement accounts and automatic enrollment of workers in employer plans are among the many ways a bill that has passed the House(Democrats) _
would expand coverage and use of tax-favored retirement savings.

The Securing a Strong Retirement Act, H.R. 2954, has been called "SECURE 2.0" because it builds upon the similarly broad reforms of the 2019 Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act, P.L. 116-94. For example, the SECURE Act increased the RMD beginning age to its current 72 from the previous 70½, which the latest legislation would further increase.

The Securing a Strong Retirement Act passed the House on Tuesday evening by a 414–5 vote__
with 198 Republicans joining 216 Democrats voting for it. Next,
it will be taken up in the Senate, where related bills have been under consideration by the Finance Committee.

((so- since March 30, 2022__ has the Republican Senate passed it??
The House Democrats made the bill and passed it and sent it to the Republican senate to pass it.))

((and the food and gas crisis is WORLD WIDE-- Biden did not create it--but he has made it livable for you--
and now adding near 9% to your social security---
first time add in 40 years))

((Republican lawmakers and candidates are plotting how they’ll cut Social Security, already threatening to take the debt ceiling hostage to make it happen.))

Back to top Go down
directorate
directorate

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 2:55 am

A infinitesimally tiny victory. He will undoubtedly keep it in court until after the mid-terms at the very least. In the highly unlikely event he does show up, it will be the 5th all the way. But, one more tiny stone on the pile. Nibbled down by mice, or eaten by lions, the end product is the same.

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 HNR0aYI
The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 X3DV7Qn

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 TOiDJVD
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 5:52 am

Top 5 moments from latest Jan. 6 hearing before midterm elections include Trump subpoena, new video

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol concluded its likely final meeting before the midterm elections with a few surprises.

Spectators tuning into the nearly three-hour event Thursday saw members of the panel vote to subpoena former President Donald Trump to testify about his alleged role in fomenting the attack. Viewers were also given new revelations about the nearly 16-month congressional inquiry.

Below are five of the biggest moments from the committee's latest hearing:

The nine members of the committee, seven Democrats and two anti-Trump Republicans, voted unanimously to compel the former president to testify about his conduct leading up to and during the attack.

"This is a question about accountability to the American people," said committee Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss. "He's required to answer to those millions of Americans whose votes he tried to throw out as part of his scheme to remain in power."

Trump has previously refused to voluntarily cooperate with the panel, calling it a partisan witch hunt.

Taylor Budowich, a spokesman for former President Donald Trump, responded on social media by saying that Democrats were engaged in "partisan theatrics."

"Today, 26 days before the Midterm Elections, America is truly a nation in decline. Inflation is out of control, the crime rate is at an all time high, and the crisis at our southern border has never been worse," Budowich wrote in a tweet. "However, instead of using their final days in power to make life for Americans any better, Democrats are doubling and tripling down on their partisan theatrics."

Budowich added, "Pres Trump will not be intimidated by their meritless rhetoric or un-American actions. Trump-endorsed candidates will sweep the Midterms, and America First leadership & solutions will be restored. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

"We are obligated to seek answers directly from the man who set this all in motion," said committee member Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. "Every American is entitled to those answers, so we can act now to protect our republic."

Trump could fight the subpoena, which likely would tip off a legal fight with just over two months left in the current Congress — a very short time frame for such a major legal dispute. If Republicans take over the House in the midterms, it's not expected they will continue the work of the Jan. 6 committee.

Trump’s one-time campaign manager, Brad Parscale, reportedly told the committee that the former president planned as early as July 2020 to declare re-election victory in November.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., claimed that Parscale had told the committee that Trump long planned a pre-emptive declaration of victory.

"In the course of our investigation, we also interviewed Brad Parscale, President Trump's former campaign manager. He told us he understood that President Trump planned as early as July that he would say he won the election even if he lost," said Lofgren.

Members of the committee also played videos of Trump allies, including Steve Bannon and Roger Stone, arguing for a pre-emptive declaration of victory.

In the wake of the 2020 election, Trump signed a memo ordering U.S. troops to withdraw from Afghanistan and Somalia, according to witnesses who testified before the Jan. 6 committee.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., said the order proved that Trump understood that he had lost the White House and was moving to wind down the U.S. troop presence abroad before President Biden took office.

"Knowing that he had lost and that he had only weeks left in office, President Trump rushed to complete his unfinished business," said Kinzinger. "Knowing he was leaving office, he acted immediately and signed this order on Nov. 11th, which would have required the immediate withdrawal of troops from Somalia and Afghanistan — all to be complete before the Biden inauguration on Jan. 20th."

Military witnesses said they believed that Trump's plan was highly reckless and would have been a debacle — just as President Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal turned out to be in August 2021.

The committee did not detail why the order was never carried out.

The committee played video of Democratic and Republican congressional leaders urging Trump and top administration officials to act immediately to quell the riot during the height of the attack.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., were both filmed demanding former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen to implore Trump to make a statement urging the rioters to stop.

Party leaders, including House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and Senate Minority Whip John Thune, R-S.D., were also shown gathering around a phone asking federal and state officials for military help.

Rep. Pete Aguilar, D-Calif., a member of the committee, said there were plans to recall witnesses who testified that Trump allegedly lunged at a Secret Service agent for refusing to drive him to the Capitol during the attack.

"After concluding its review of the voluminous additional Secret Service communications from Jan. 5th and Jan. 6th, the committee will be recalling witnesses and conducting further investigative depositions based on that material," said Aguilar.

Earlier this year, former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson recounted a conversation she had with ex-Trump deputy chief of staff Tony Ornato directly after Trump's rally in front of the Ellipse on Jan. 6.

Hutchinson said Ornato told her that Trump tried to "grab at the steering wheel" then lunged at the Secret Service agent in charge at the time because the agent wouldn't drive Trump to the Capitol as the riot was taking place.

A source close to Ornato told Fox News' David Spunt after Hutchinson's testimony that Ornato was shocked when Hutchinson made the allegation about the steering wheel. That source said both Ornato and Secret Service agent Robert Engel would be willing to testify to the committee to refute that part of Hutchinson's story.

Aguilar said on Thursday that the committee was investigating potential "obstruction" of justice related to the allegation.

Back to top Go down
Grackle

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 8:36 am

Quote :

Democrats think Americans are stupid. Americans are not stupid. Americans see what democrats are doing to the country every time they go to the gas station and the grocery store. Americans couldn't care less what happened two years ago.
____They care about what's going to happen to their 401ks___
if we don't get these idiots out of power.

Temple replied:
Quote :

You are beyond stupid and a totally uninformed dimwit)

Be enlightened--
{~Snip useless crap~}

The crap you pasted has absolutely nothing to do with what you quoted .. A non sequitur, IOW
... Either you can't comprehend the written words you quoted, to which you responded, or you quoted the words simply for the fuck of it..for reasons only known to you ... Anyway

What have democrats done about crime, which has literally exploded around the country? .. Primarily due to their bail reform

What have democrats done about the uncontrolled mass migration through the open southern border? .. They've ignored and/or blatantly lied about it ..Terrorists, criminals, drugs streaming in to the country killing Americans by the thousands

..You can claim that America's problems are world wide all you want, but the soaring energy costs are directly attributed to Biden, shutting down our energy resources right under our feet to carry out his green new deal, climate change bullshit
These democrats making a fucking TV show about a riot that happened two years ago IS NOT what people care about, which is the point of Oliver's post you quoted, which apparently you cannot comprehend

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>   The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2> - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The January 6th Public Hearings <Thread #2>
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next