OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple
Temple

Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. Empty
PostSubject: Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.   Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 6:41 pm

Feb 12, 2020

The Virginia House of Delegates passed a bill on Tuesday that will award the state’s electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the national popular vote in an election.

This has been an argument for years. Why should the candidate with the least amount of votes be allowed to win an election?

According to The Hill, the measure, also known as House Bill 177, passed the legislative chamber in a 51-46 vote on Tuesday after clearing the body’s Privileges and Elections Committee in a vote last week.

So far, only 15 states and Washington, D.C., have entered the compact, according to National Popular Vote, a nonprofit group tracking the status of states on the issue.

If this compact was in effect in 2016, Hillary Clinton would have won the election as she possessed 3 million more votes in general over Donald Trump.

louie

Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.   Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 am

"Hillary Clinton would have won the election as she possessed 3 million more votes in general over Donald Trump."

And here is the reason for the hate and divisiveness from the left that will be with us for a very long time.
The EC is there for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.   Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:01 pm

louie wrote:
"Hillary Clinton would have won the election as she possessed 3 million more votes in general over Donald Trump."

And  here is the reason for the hate and divisiveness from the left that will be with us for a very long time.
The EC is there for a reason.  

Only Republican presidents became
president via the back door/ EC......

louie

PostSubject: Re: Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.   Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 5:17 pm

I'm all for eliminating the EC. I say let the People vote on everything. Including gun control and abortions.,
Let the majority rule.
Is that what you want? Better think this thru,...
Back to top Go down
Temple
Temple

PostSubject: Re: Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.   Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 7:41 pm

louie wrote:
I'm all for eliminating the EC. I say let the People vote on everything. Including gun control and abortions.,
Let the majority rule.
Is that what you want? Better think this thru,...

I have guns, no fear of them being taken.
I, as 90%, do want checks Before buying..
If you're ok then no problem.

Abortion, I really don't care..

I've always been for the popular vote'
so peoples votes count, their voices heard.

Grackle

PostSubject: Re: Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.   Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Temple has shown himself to be semi illiterate ..I also don't believe he's educated enough to comprehend or understand things like the function and purpose of the electoral college ..He simply parrots what he hears from the democrats and their media and he'll repeat it over and over as if it makes it come true ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner.   Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To Popular Vote Winner. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1