OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A possibly relevant Reddit thread?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cartesian_biography

A possibly relevant Reddit thread? Empty
PostSubject: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 9:46 am

Hi all. I am not familiar with the history of the OOTIKOF but there has recently been a pair of Reddit threads about a former Usenet and WebTV poster who went by the name of Aylana. I am not allowed to post links yet but you can find it by searching "Another glitter mystery: Who is Aylana". The first thread links to a Usenet post by a user named James Kirk, which references a community called Katzenjammer.

The post concludes that Aylana was most likely a fictional character despite the lack of definitive proof. Would anyone here be able to provide more context to this situation?
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 9:59 am

Aylana was a real person. She was a WebTV user, but rarely posted in Usenet.

James Kirk, better known as Fox Mulder, has been around since 1998, was ousted by the members of the OOTIKOF. Fox, although a WebTV user, loved to troll Usenet.

Read the last post (dated Sat Feb 08, 2020) in this thread for a few details that could be of interest to you:

https://ootikof.forumotion.com/t2-the-ootikof-roster
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:04 am

Back to top Go down
cartesian_biography

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:16 am

Hi, thank you for the response. James Kirk claimed to have evidence that Aylana was (at the time of writing in March 1998) a 28-year-old man pretending to be a 17-year-old girl. This would have happened several months before you joined the community in November 1998. Here is a post by James Kirk from alt.flame that was not mentioned in the reddit links:

Quote :
CORRECTION. she is a he. What do you call a 28 year old man who names itself
aylana, says its 17 years old, posts in alt.teen in usenet and webtv, yells over
and over again that its a minor, has its daddy post legal mumbo jumbo in katz.
continues to post in other usenet groups many where teens post, ummm can you
say ChickeNhawK? I shall not even speak to that Freak again.

Although James Kirk / Fox Mulder has been ousted, do any members still have his contact information?
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:26 am

cartesian_biography wrote:
Hi, thank you for the response. James Kirk claimed to have evidence that Aylana was (at the time of writing in March 1998) a 28-year-old man pretending to be a 17-year-old girl. This would have happened several months before you joined the community in November 1998. Here is a post by James Kirk from alt.flame that was not mentioned in the reddit links:

Quote :
CORRECTION. she is a he. What do you call a 28 year old man who names itself
aylana, says its 17 years old, posts in alt.teen in usenet and webtv, yells over
and over again that its a minor, has its daddy post legal mumbo jumbo in katz.
continues to post in other usenet groups many where teens post, ummm  can you
say ChickeNhawK?  I shall not even speak to that Freak again.

Although James Kirk / Fox Mulder has been ousted, do any members still have his contact information?

If there is ANY male that enjoys impersonating women online, it's Fox himself lol!

He posts currently in a number of flame/social forums. Regina George is the nic he uses at http://www.flametruth.com/forums/ , and I'm sure he's lurve to converse with you via PM or post there.

He enjoys the attention. No really, I wouldn't kid you. Honest. TRVTH!!!
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:41 am

Flaming Aylana was always fun, cuz she knew how to take a punch and gave two back. Eventually.

A possibly relevant Reddit thread? H5NHH9t
Back to top Go down
cartesian_biography

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:45 am

Hi The Wise and Powerful, thank you for directing me to Fox. I will contact him on the forum you have linked. That is also a very interesting post you have shown.
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:47 am

cartesian_biography wrote:
Hi The Wise and Powerful, thank you for directing me to Fox. I will contact him on the forum you have linked. That is also a very interesting post you have shown.

You're most welcome. It's always nice to see someone interested in old style flaming.

.                ~~ TWaP aka Obiwannosi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A possibly relevant Reddit thread?   A possibly relevant Reddit thread? Empty

Back to top Go down

A possibly relevant Reddit thread?
Page 1 of 1