OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome To Our Newest Members.

Go down 
+21
Sacrifyx
Belle2!
Mr.Pickles
Toes over
Kat-Of-Kontroversy
FRW
unemployedfarmer
reaper
wizer
Belle2
Temple
Grackle
KK
louie
Lemon
HFB
Admin
directorate
Vitriol
The Wise And Powerful
Sara
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:48 pm

HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
That sounds like fun...36 days of being catered to would be NICE!
My boat hasn't seen the water since 2007...It's nothing special, and I just haven't had the time..
Make sure you stay active...Best way to stay healthy! Sounds like you will have plenty to do!

trying to, it gets tougher the older you get  lol.   so what are you driving these days. I remember you were a big car fan
I sold the Camaro...reluctantly...I was made an offer I could not refuse...I still have my 69 Chevelle
It is still at least two years away from being done..Engine is in..402 Big Block..Next I need to get the clutch, pressure plate and Transmission in...Then will come putting the front clip back on...I did a total off frame restoration..2/3rds is ready for paint

Nice. Do you do all the work yourself?
Back to top Go down
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:50 pm

KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
My boat hasn't seen the water since 2007...It's nothing special, and I just haven't had the time..
Make sure you stay active...Best way to stay healthy! Sounds like you will have plenty to do!

trying to, it gets tougher the older you get  lol.   so what are you driving these days. I remember you were a big car fan
I sold the Camaro...reluctantly...I was made an offer I could not refuse...I still have my 69 Chevelle
It is still at least two years away from being done..Engine is in..402 Big Block..Next I need to get the clutch, pressure plate and Transmission in...Then will come putting the front clip back on...I did a total off frame restoration..2/3rds is ready for paint

OH yeah....I still have everything from when I raced..
Garage full of tools...lol..
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Lemon wrote:
Just don’t land up the creek without a paddle.
I always carry a spare. an old habit from whitewater days
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 pm

HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:

that's great. then you know it's done the way you want it
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm

HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
This is my biggest passion lately. Kayaking and fishing. This was up in the Adirondacks last spring

Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 19243111
That looks awesome...My third son bought two kayaks last summer and he goes out with his little sister all the time.
I can use them any time I want...I was just way to busy this last year...I do miss having a lake in my back yard...My eldest son has lake rights..He has to walk across the street to a private access..That is where the kayaks are kept..Taking up space in his garage and NOT MINE...lol

we just scheduled another week up there in June. last year it was cold and wet. in the 30's at night in june. hoping this years sees some better weather
Back to top Go down
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:

I can honestly say...I have turned EVERY last nut and bolt...I have had her for 32 years..
My youth was spent in her....lol...We had a lot of fun...lol..
Back to top Go down
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:56 pm

KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
This is my biggest passion lately. Kayaking and fishing. This was up in the Adirondacks last spring

That looks awesome...My third son bought two kayaks last summer and he goes out with his little sister all the time.
I can use them any time I want...I was just way to busy this last year...I do miss having a lake in my back yard...My eldest son has lake rights..He has to walk across the street to a private access..That is where the kayaks are kept..Taking up space in his garage and NOT MINE...lol

we just scheduled another week up there in June. last year it was cold and wet. in the 30's at night in june. hoping this years sees some better weather
30's in JUNE?...usually lows are around 50 here by June..I just hope we don't get another summer with 70 degree dew points...This year was hell...lol
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 7:32 pm

HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:

I can honestly say...I have turned EVERY last nut and bolt...I have had her for 32 years..
My youth was spent in her....lol...We had a lot of fun...lol..
that's cool. I wish I had kept my first mustang, or my challenger.
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 7:40 pm

HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
KK wrote:

30's in JUNE?...usually lows are around 50 here by June..I just hope we don't get another summer with 70 degree dew points...This year was hell...lol
yes. it was unseasonably cold. I didn't bring any cold weather gear. I was fucking freezing. the only time I was warm was in my bag at night. that picture was taken the third day we were there. it finally warmed up to the low 50's during the day and the sun came out a little. that was the warmest shirt I had. the only coat I had was the rain coat. I had a pull over fleece but that was soaked
Back to top Go down
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 7:51 pm

That is one thing I hate about camping is being wet...Waking up and walking out of the tent and the dew just makes you feel clammy..The only time I enjoyed camping is when I had my motorhome..Nothing is better than having your own shower and toilet...lol..
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 8:28 pm

HFB wrote:
That is one thing I hate about camping is being wet...Waking up and walking out of the tent and the dew just makes you feel clammy..The only time I enjoyed camping is when I had my motorhome..Nothing is better than having your own shower and toilet...lol..
it seems you are always damp. even when it doesn't rain. when I get in the woods though I just get into this zone. I become totally immersed in it and a lot of things that would normally bother me I overlook. I used to do a lot of fairly minimalistic camping. now, this older body at least needs and mat to sleep on. I used to do more backpacking camping. now I like to kayak into a place so I can bring a little more gear.
Back to top Go down
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 9:03 pm

KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
 it seems you are always damp.  even when it doesn't rain. when I get in the woods though I just get into this zone. I become totally immersed in it and a lot of things that would normally bother me I overlook. I used to do a lot of fairly minimalistic camping. now, this older body at least needs and mat to sleep on.  I used to do more backpacking camping. now I like to kayak into a place so I can bring a little more gear.
My bones need camping that involves a hotel...lol
The last time I went camping was Labor day weekend 2007...We found a real nice campground right on Green Bay.
The lady friend I was with said she LOVED camping..In the middle of the night we ended up in the back of my Suburban...The next night we were in a hotel...lol..My body is way to beat up to be walking on trails..One little twist and these old knees will be feeling it for weeks..The dampness just cuts right through me now...
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 pm

HFB wrote:
KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
 it seems you are always damp.  even when it doesn't rain. when I get in the woods though I just get into this zone. I become totally immersed in it and a lot of things that would normally bother me I overlook. I used to do a lot of fairly minimalistic camping. now, this older body at least needs and mat to sleep on.  I used to do more backpacking camping. now I like to kayak into a place so I can bring a little more gear.
My bones need camping that involves a hotel...lol
The last time I went camping was Labor day weekend 2007...We found a real nice campground right on Green Bay.
The lady friend I was with said she LOVED camping..In the middle of the night we ended up in the back of my Suburban...The next night we were in a hotel...lol..My body is way to beat up to be walking on trails..One little twist and these old knees will be feeling it for weeks..The dampness just cuts right through me now...
Yes, you do work that is very rough on the body. I spilt my kneecap in half a few years ago. as a result I tend not to lift properly and it has given me some muscular, not structural back issues. that's one of the reasons I need to sleep on a mat. but I have to say I seem to sleep really good while camping. something about that cool fresh air and the sounds.
Back to top Go down
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Fresh air does make you sleep well...OUCH...How did you split your knee cap?...That sound so painful..
I could not even imagine how much that must have hurt..My left knee has been messing with me for 4-5 years now...4 years ago they went in and pulled some small "debris" out of there..Even after that it would swell up..It would last a few days then I would be good..I can be totally fine..If I twist the wrong way suddenly or if I lean out to far while on my knee boards I will get a shooting pain..Then it takes a couple days for it to settle down and get back to normal..
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 2:21 pm

HFB wrote:
Fresh air does make you sleep well...OUCH...How did you split your knee cap?...That sound so painful..
I could not even imagine how much that must have hurt..My left knee has been messing with me for 4-5 years now...4 years ago they went in and pulled some small "debris" out of there..Even after that it would swell up..It would last a few days then I would be good..I can be totally fine..If I twist the wrong way suddenly or if I lean out to far while on my knee boards I will get a shooting pain..Then it takes a couple days for it to settle down and get back to normal..
I don't even have a good story. bottom line, I got off the bus coming home from work, caught my foot on a piece of wire frozen in the ground and fell off a small embankment onto my knee on the road. i'm doing good with it. I can kneel anymore. but other that that I can do pretty much everything. I have trouble standing still for long periods. I can walk long distance ok though. I get some swelling with a lot of use
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 2:24 pm

KK wrote:

I don't even have a good story. bottom line, I got off the bus coming home from work, caught my foot on a piece of wire frozen in the ground and fell off a small embankment onto my knee on the road.  i'm doing good with it. I can kneel anymore. but other that that I can do pretty much everything.  I have trouble standing still for long periods. I can walk long distance ok though. I get some swelling with a lot of use

That sucks. Big time.
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 2:42 pm

KK wrote:
HFB wrote:
I don't even have a good story. bottom line, I got off the bus coming home from work, caught my foot on a piece of wire frozen in the ground and fell off a small embankment onto my knee on the road.  i'm doing good with it. I can kneel anymore. but other that that I can do pretty much everything.  I have trouble standing still for long periods. I can walk long distance ok though. I get some swelling with a lot of use
I totally understand...I had to ice mine yesterday...swelled up for no reason
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Welcome to turd_ferguson and usamomma
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 5:29 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 7:48 am

A very warm welcome to oliver clotheshoffe

Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 1Qk4U7p

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 8:16 am

Oh, hell...FRW registered.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger registered too??

Hell...there goes the neighborhood!!!

Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 5:22 pm

The Wise And Powerful wrote:
Arnold Schwarzenegger registered too??

Hell...there goes the neighborhood!!!
always knew he'd be back
Back to top Go down
Lemon

Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Howdy strangers!
Back to top Go down
HFB

HFB

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 9:26 am

Lemon wrote:
Howdy strangers!
We are only strangers because you don't ever stop by.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Our Newest Members.   Welcome To Our Newest Members. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome To Our Newest Members.
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next