OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary Empty
PostSubject: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyThu May 05, 2022 4:18 pm

Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary
Alexander Nazaryan·Senior White House Correspondent
Thu, May 5, 2022, 2:55 PM·

WASHINGTON — Karine Jean-Pierre will make history by becoming the first Black woman, and first openly LGBTQ person, to hold the job of White House press secretary, President Biden announced on Thursday afternoon.

“Jill and I have known and respected Karine a long time and she will be a strong voice speaking for me and this Administration,” the president said in a statement.

Jean-Pierre will replace Jen Psaki, who was originally expected to serve for only the first year of Biden’s term. New coronavirus variants and the war in Ukraine kept her in the job for several months beyond that self-imposed limit.

“She is passionate. She is smart and she has a moral core that makes her not just a great colleague, but an amazing Mom and human. Plus, she has a great sense of humor,” Psaki said in a tweet.

Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary 44f350b0-ccbb-11ec-bf3f-6423fa8ee50f
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki (R) speaks flanked by current Principal Deputy Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre during a press briefing in the Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House in Washington, DC, May 5, 2022. (Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images)

"Representation matters. She will give a voice to so many, and show so many what is truly possible when you work hard and dream big. And that matters. And we should celebrate that," Psaki said at the White House briefing on Thursday, while also touting Jean-Pierre's resume. "But I also want to make clear what all of her qualifications are. ... She comes to this job with decades of experience."

Psaki’s last day on the job will be next Friday, May 13. She is expected to join MSNBC as an on-air commentator.

Jean-Pierre will take over the podium at a crucial phase in the Biden presidency, with the congressional midterms nearing and a presidential reelection campaign looming.

During the 2020 presidential primary, Jean-Pierre worked for the campaign of then-Sen. Kamala Harris. She has been at the White House since the start of the Biden administration.

The 44-year-old daughter of Haitian immigrants will inherit a position that attracted intense scrutiny during the Trump administration. Psaki has tried to keep the White House briefings free of the kinds of dramatics that, during the Trump years, turned some journalists into celebrities.

Biden praised Psaki for “returning decency, respect and decorum to the White House Briefing Room.”

Some thought the job might go to White House communications director Kate Bedingfield, who filled in capably while Psaki was home with COVID-19 last month. The war in Ukraine also raised the profile of Pentagon spokesman John Kirby, and he was also rumored to be under consideration.

Biden also announced that Anita Dunn, a trusted adviser who last year returned to the private sector, was rejoining the White House.
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com
Temple
Temple

Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyThu May 05, 2022 8:45 pm

I'm gonna miss Jen Psaki,-
damn she is good!!
best prest press secretary even, for sure.
It will be interesting to see the new one and how it goes.
cant compare her to Jen Psaki, because that's impossible
but still going to see what she offers.

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyFri May 06, 2022 5:50 pm

Biden’s new press secretary sparks conflict-of-interest concerns over relationship with CNN’s Suzanne Malveaux
By Lee Brown
May 6, 2022 8:57am

Who is the new White House press secretary? Meet Karine Jean-Pierre

President Biden’s trailblazing pick for his new press secretary is already being accused of creating troubling conflicts of interest because of her long-term relationship with star CNN reporter Suzanne Malveaux.

Karine Jean-Pierre — who next Friday will be both the first black and first openly gay person to hold the key White House post — lives with the network’s national correspondent in Washington, DC, with their 7-year-old daughter.

The Haitian-born press pick gushed about her relationship with Malveaux in Jean-Pierre’s 2019 memoir, “Moving Forward.”

“Most of all, I want to say that every word of this book was written with love for my partner, Suzanne Malveaux, and our daughter, Soleil Malveaux Jean-Pierre. You are my life,” she wrote, also thanking “the Malveaux family.”

While Jean-Pierre’s groundbreaking pick for the White House post was widely celebrated, it also left some questioning her and Malveaux’s impartiality. CNN’s recent scandals have included now-axed host Chris Cuomo’s behind-the-scenes meddling in brother and then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s sex scandals.

Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary New-white-house-press-secretary-09
Karine Jean-Pierre and Suzanne Malveaux
The couple lives together in DC with their 7-year-old daughter.
Mary Kouw/CBS via Getty Images

It also comes after her soon-to-be-predecessor, Jen Psaki, sparked similar conflict concerns for keeping the top job for six weeks after it was widely reported she’d been hired by left-leaning network MSNBC.

Soon after Jean-Pierre’s new gig was announced, Alex Marlow, editor-in-chief of the right-wing news outlet Breitbart, tweeted, “This is one of many examples of the corporate media LITERALLY in bed with the government it covers.”

Marlow noted that he had already raised concerns about Jean-Pierre’s relationship with Malveaux in his book, “Breaking the News: Exposing the Establishment Media’s Hidden Deals and Secret Corruption.”

“CNN will continue to be, in effect, the Biden administration’s communications shop,” his news site, Breitbart, claimed.

“This is one of many examples of the corporate media LITERALLY in bed with the government it covers,” tweeted Alex Marlow, editor-in-chief of right-wing news outlet Breitbart.

He had already raised concerns about the couple’s relationship and its possible influence in his book, “Breaking the News: Exposing the Establishment Media’s Hidden Deals and Secret Corruption,” he noted.

A researcher also asked on Twitter, “What is the name of the Universe where this is not a Conflict of Interest?“

But Juwan Holmes, the associate editor of LGBTQ Nation, said he has spent two years covering Jean-Pierre’s rise and insisted that “she’s the best person for the job.”

Still, Holmes conceded that her relationship to Malveaux was bound to eventually spark accusations of conflict of interest.

“I’m sure there won’t be Cuomo-level conflict of interest violations, but expect it to have it bought up in the future,” he said.

Malveaux, 55, has previously shared her partner’s major achievements.

CNN has yet to officially comment, but network sources told The Post that while Malveaux will remain one of its national correspondents, she will not cover the White House or other politics while her partner serves in her new role.

Meanwhile, Jean-Pierre tweeted a thread for Pride Month last year detailing her brutal path to coming out and being accepted by her family while growing up in Queens.

“I came out to my Mom when I was 16 years old. The revolted look on her face sent me running back into the proverbial closet and slamming the door shut,” she wrote.

“After that, my sexuality became a family secret and it would stay that way for years,” she said, adding that she “dated” but “hid those relationships from my family” until they “evolved to embrace” her.

“I’m proud to be an out Black Queer woman and I have been for quite some time,” she wrote.

“I’m happy to say, my Mother is now proud of ALL of who I am; she loves my partner and she loves being a doting grandmother to the daughter we are raising.”

The conflict concerns over Jean-Pierre’s hiring come amid a similar controversy plaguing Psaki, who has not denied plans to join MSNBC.

As soon as Psaki’s expected move was first reported by Axios on April 1, the press secretary was pressed about how it could be “ethical” to remain Biden’s mouthpiece while negotiating a salary with a media outlet.

“I have always gone over and above the stringent ethical and legal requirements of the Biden administration, and I take that very seriously,” Psaki insisted at a White House briefing that day. “And as a standard for every employee of the White House, I have received rigorous ethics counseling, including as it relates to any future employment.”

She insisted that she had “complied with all ethics requirements and gone beyond and taken steps to recuse myself from the decisions as appropriate.”
Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyFri May 06, 2022 8:19 pm

Skin the right color? Check.

Got a vajayjay? Check.

LGBTQ? Check.

Can't get a better resume than that for a job in the Biden administration.
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Karine Jean-Pierre Stumped On Her First Day   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyMon May 16, 2022 4:55 pm

Karine Jean-Pierre Stumped On Her First Day When Peter Doocy Asks How Raising Corporate Taxes Lowers Inflation
BRIANNA LYMAN, REPORTER, May 16, 2022, 4:54 PM ET

Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary Screen_Shot_2022-05-16_at_4.32.48_PM-e1652733382413

The new White House press sec. Karine Jean-Pierre appeared to dodge a question from Fox News’ Peter Doocy about a tweet from President Joe Biden regarding inflation.

“Karine, congratulations, it’s nice to see you up there,” Doocy began. “The president’s Twitter account posted the other day if you wanna bring down inflation, let’s make sure the wealthiest corporations pay their fair share. How does raising taxes on corporations reduce inflation?”

“Um, so, are you talking about a specific tweet?” Jean-Pierre, who appeared stumped, asked.

Doocy then referenced a May 13 tweet from Biden that said “you want to bring down inflation? Let’s make sure the wealthiest corporations pay their fair share.”

“Look, we have talked about, um, we have talked about this past year, about making sure that the wealthiest among us are paying their fair share, and that is important to do. That is something the president has been working on everyday when we talk about inflation and lowering costs, so it’s very important that as we’re seeing costs rise, as we’re talking about how to, you know, build an America that’s equal for everyone and doesn’t leave anyone behind, that is an important part of that as well,” Jean-Pierre said.

“But how does raising taxes on corporations lower the cost of gas, the cost of a used car, the cost of food for everyday Americans?” Doocy pressed.

“So I think we encourage those who have done very well, especially those who care about climate change, to support a fairer tax code that doesn’t charge manufacturers workers, cops, builders a higher percentage of their earnings, that the most fortunate people in our nation, and not let that stand in the way of reducing energy costs and fighting an existential problem if you think about it, that is an example. To support basic collective bargaining rights as well.”

“But look, by not, without, having a fairer tax code, which is what I’m talking about, then all, like, manufacture workers, cops, you know, it’s not fair for them to have to pay higher taxes than the folks who are not paying taxes at all,” she continued. (RELATED: ‘That’s Not How You’re Going To Solve Inflation’: CNBC Host Calls Out Pete Buttigieg To His Face)

“But what does that have to do with inflation?” Doocy asked. “The President said if you wanna bring down inflation let’s make sure the wealthiest corporations pay their fair share. Jeff Bezos came out and tweeted about that, he said ‘the newly created disinformation board should review this tweet.’ Would you be okay with that?”

“Look, it’s not a huge mystery why one of the wealthiest individuals on earth, right, opposes an economic agenda that is for the middle class, that cuts some of the biggest costs families face, fights inflation for the long haul, right, and that’s what we’re talking about, that’s why we’re talking about lowering inflation here, and adds to the historic deficit reduction the president is achieving by asking the richest taxpayers and corporations to pay their fair share. That’s what we’re talking about,” Jean-Pierre said.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos criticized the aforementioned tweet, arguing that “misdirection doesn’t help the country.”

“The administration tried hard to inject even more stimulus into an already over-heated, inflationary economy and only Manchin saved them from themselves. Inflation is a regressive tax that most hurts the least affluent.”

Inflation reached its quickest uptick since December 1981 after soaring 8.5% in March.
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 8:32 pm

Back to top Go down
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 7:21 am

I'm a pretty good liar maybe I should apply for that job Laugher
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 8:42 pm

Jeeze... you have to read the comments!!

1:03 PM · Jun 26, 2023
·
3.3M Views

1,006 Retweets

2,053 Quotes

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 3:56 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 6:03 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 2:19 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 4:01 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 10:43 am

White House press secretary and top spokesman violated Hatch Act: Watchdog
Alex Gangitano | The Hill
Fri, December 1, 2023 at 9:21 AM MST·

A watchdog agency has informed the White House that press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and spokesman Andrew Bates violated the Hatch Act, giving Jean-Pierre her second warning letter this year over the use of the term “MAGA.”

The Office of Special Counsel (OSC) told Jean-Pierre and Bates in a letter in October, first obtained by NBC News, that criticizing “MAGA” Republicans when discussing the GOP budget plan earlier this year was a violation of their guidance on adhering to the Hatch Act.

The OSC previously sent Jean-Pierre a warning letter in June for her usage of the term “mega MAGA Republicans” during press briefings in the lead up to the 2022 midterm elections. The agency did not pursue disciplinary action at that time but issued guidance that said “MAGA” is off limits under the Hatch Act.

The Hatch Act prohibits federal government employees from engaging in campaign activity in their official capacity. Jean-Pierre often references the statute during the daily press briefings when asked questions about the 2024 election.

A week after the guidance was issued and Jean-Pierre received the warning, she used the term “hardcore MAGA” budget in a statement, and Bates said “MAGA tax welfare” in a memo. The OSC did not pursue disciplinary action, according to NBC.

“We take the law seriously and uphold the Hatch Act,” a White House official told The Hill when asked for comment.

Bates has used the term “MAGAnomics” in memos since June — including Monday, with “MAGAnomics” in the subject line and twice in the memo — but that term was permitted under the June guidance. It was used by the Trump administration about its economic plan.

Protect the Public’s Trust, a conservative watchdog group run by former Trump administration official Michael Chamberlain, filed a Hatch Act complaint to the OSC about Jean-Pierre and Bates and told NBC that the lack of consequences since shows “nobody takes the Hatch Act very seriously.”

The Trump White House used the term “MAGA” and variations of it for official purposes while in office, not always using it as a campaign term. The Trump White House website used the term “Make America Great Again” for official purposes more than 1780 times, according to an archive of the website.

Additionally, the Trump administration was the subject of numerous Hatch Act complaints during its four years in power.

President Biden uses the term “MAGA Republicans” in speeches to refer to members of his opposing party that align with former President Trump. The Hatch Act does not apply to the president or vice president.

During the Biden administration, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra, former White House press secretary Jen Psaki, former chief of staff Ron Klain and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Marcia Fudge have all also been warned for making comments about candidates or an election.
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 9:24 pm

Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary   Karine Jean-Pierre to replace Jen Psaki, becoming first Black woman and openly gay White House press secretary Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1