OOTIKOF / KATZENJAMMER

The OOTIKOF, an internationally renowned society of flamers since 1998, invites you to join in the fun.
Clicking on Casual Banter will get you to all the sections.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Krysten Sinema calls it quits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oliver clotheshoffe
oliver clotheshoffe

Krysten Sinema calls it quits Empty
PostSubject: Krysten Sinema calls it quits   Krysten Sinema calls it quits EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 4:09 pm

Arizona US Sen. Kyrsten Sinema won’t seek reelection

Krysten Sinema calls it quits GdO2GGBm

After months of speculation, Sen. Kyrsten Sinema announced Tuesday that she will not seek a second term, the senator announced in a video message posted to social media on Tuesday. The announcement brings more clarity to the high-stakes race to replace her.

“I believe in my approach, but it’s not what America wants right now,” she said in a recorded message posted on X.

Though Sinema spoke about the achievements her bipartisan approach had delivered, she also said in the current political environment that " compromise is a dirty word.” The announcement comes after Senate Republicans blocked a bipartisan bill to help secure the border and deliver military aid to Ukraine and Israel, which Sinema spent months negotiating.

“I love Arizona and I am so proud of what we’ve delivered,” she said in a video posted to social media. “Because I choose civility, understanding, listening, working together to get stuff done, I will leave the Senate at the end of this year.”

Sinema’s decision avoids a three-way contest in one of the most closely watched 2024 Senate races, a hard-to-forecast scenario that spawned fierce debate among political operatives about whether one major party would benefit in the quest for the Senate majority. Most analysts agreed Sinema would have faced significant, likely insurmountable hurdles if she’d decided to run.

https://www.azfamily.com/2024/03/05/sen-krysten-sinema-wont-seek-reelection/
Back to top Go down
The Wise And Powerful
Admin
Admin
The Wise And Powerful

Krysten Sinema calls it quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krysten Sinema calls it quits   Krysten Sinema calls it quits EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 4:24 pm

More votes for Kari Lake.
Back to top Go down
https://ootikof.forumotion.com

Krysten Sinema calls it quits
Page 1 of 1